So I was late getting to work..and then of course, late getting out of there. I booked it to the mall because my new glasses were ready and I ran, literally through JCPenney to get there 5 minutes before they closed. They were perfect - too perfect. They hardly had to adjust them or anything....wait for it...there's a catch.
I get back to the car and it won't start. I'm alone, in the dark mall parking lot, the car is dead and I have to pee...really, really bad. My phone is blinking at me that it's going to die any second and through all of this, work is trying to call me because we went down and production stopped (that's bad). So I call Brad and he is going to try and come get me...don't know what we will do about the car, because the jumper cables are in my car, which is 30 minutes away getting fixed at the dealership from the accident that I got in. So I'm dancing in my seat trying not to wet myself and I try ONE more time...it starts! So I rush home and try not to think of anything water related until get there.
I then have to jump on the phone with work, which was fine, but I was trying to unwind so I could get to bed and get up at 5am to go to the gym to run. And when I'm doing work, I'm definitely not unwinding. Then my work computer flashes at me at tells me that I have Trojan Horse - some kind of virus. I get an email from our IT department that says get off this computer and get off now until I can have it reloaded. Great..now I can't finish my work.
While I'm on the computer, it looks like I have a hair on my glasses because I definitely can see something there...I take them off and look closely...huge, deep scratch...WHAT?! I have had them for LESS than 1.5 hours...And I haven't done anything in that 90 minutes that would cause THAT. I knew it was too good to be true when I picked them up
So I finally go to bed...get up, get dressed and get the car loaded with my work and gym junk. I try to start the car and it doesn't turn over right away...I try again...dead....as a doornail...again.
So I have unpacked everything I packed in the car and will have to wait for my carpool buddy, Michael to finish his gym workout and come pick me up.
And to top off my irritation, the paper person is late and the grocery ad comes out today..ugh.
Now tonight, I now have to fit in my workout, taking the car to the doctor, dinner, taking my scratched glasses back, and a trip to the grocery store.
Then tomorrow afternoon, I get to go back to the dentist for round 2 of oral surgery..I wanted to avoid doing it this week because I am packed with stuff this week, and trying to catch up on some things at work, but they couldn't get me in until March 5 if I waited..so tomorrow it is. A fabulous Thursday to round out a fabulous week...ugh.
So I realize that there are so many worse problems in the world, I just wonder sometimes why things have to be harder than they need to be and why my genes decided it would be fun to torture me with dental procedures and oral surgeries my whole life....
Is it Friday yet?!

Ugh
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess you have had a lot of moments that make you want to expel a lot of breath, does that count as taking your breath away?
Praying you have a better week Dre.
Bryan
Hugs Dre!
ReplyDeleteHang in there...You're month will end up with a bang! You're gonna see me, right???
Wow, and I thought my day was bad yesterday. Maybe there was a full moon? But hey, don't forget that I'm also here if you EVER need anything :). Hope everything rights itself and the world goes back into balance for you.
ReplyDeleteBS - thanks so much :) and yes, I expelled a lot of breaths...and some words I shouldn't have...I don't think that counts as taking my breath away.
ReplyDeleteJenni - I HOPE SO!
Tana -thank you :) you're the best. I think things are more balanced already. we sooo need girl time...