Thursday, February 5, 2009

If your kids don't want to brush their teeth

Send them over to talk to their Auntie Dre...

I'll share with them that even though I have always brushed my teeth regularly, I have had numerous crowns, root canals, a couple of extractions, and 4 teeth break.

I'll also share that my 2nd oral surgery 3 months ago was to cut into my gumline and raise it higher, pull a tooth and do a bone graft..yes, a bone graft. That day was a horribly painful day.

Then I'll fast forward to today when I had a hole drilled into my jaw...yes, a real drill...and then a titanium screw torqued into my jaw. Now I can't chew on that side of my mouth for a month...Yes, A MONTH.

I'd hate to find out where I'd be if I hadn't brushed me teeth all these years! I'll scare the crap out of them so they start carrying their toothbrush and toothpaste everywhere they go.

4 comments:

  1. I'll send my kids right over! :-) Hope you are feeling better ... martinis tonight should help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... sorry but a little relieve that you sucked all that up being the first born and all. =)

    Hope you feel better - now look at that adorable picture of the pups, smile, and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW sorry to hear of so much work I htught I had work done but nothing to this extent,WOW hope ou can have martinis then like Lisa suggested but not to much you plungers have less than 15 hrs to go!!!!!
    Have tons of fun
    miss ya
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always a way to find something good to say in every experience. Sorry you're having to go through this!!! Me, I have a mouth full of fillings from not having brushed enough as a youngster (and succumbing to a sweet tooth!).

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger