Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 visits to go...

I have lived a portion of my life at the dentist's office...I was not blessed with good teeth genes. I got a lot of work done while I was in Iowa but never got some temporary crowns replaced with permanent. Then while I was living here, I apparently fractured a tooth way up in my gumline and after a year of trying to treat it for other things (it was such a small fracture, they couldn't tell for sure if that's what actually was the problem) and painful flare ups, we decided the best course was to have it pulled. The process of putting in an implant where that tooth was and permanently capping the teeth next to it has been no easy ordeal.

But finally, I am almost done with my second round.I go today to get the permanent crowns and have to come back to Virginia sometime in May to have my implant finished (the site has to heal from my surgery before they can finish). So only 2 fairly painless visits to go in this round...thank goodness...this round has NOT been cheap. Thank goodness for flexible spending accounts to help us save the money.

3 comments:

  1. only my dear dear lemon sister would have to back to virginia for work on her mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that sounds incredibly complex. If you need a place to stay while you are back in VA, we have room...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff, oh so true.

    Tana, thank you :) I may take you up on that.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger