Sunday, February 22, 2009

One month, really?

I cannot believe that we are leaving Virginia one month from today. Wow. I'm still a bundle of mixed feelings, depending on the day. Still ecstatic for the career opportunity, still horribly sad to leave the area and our Virginia family. The plan is to leave Virginia the afternoon of 3/22 after the Shamrock 1/2 marathon and lunch, which will put us in Waterloo late 3/23. I have to be at work on 3/25 so that will give me one day before to rest after the drive.

Brad is still waiting to hear for sure if he will be able to keep his job at Supervalu. Almost all of the work he does, can be done remotely and there are 2 other people here that have agreed to do the parts that he can't. It actually would work out great, because the part that he likes and could do from there, it sounds like they don't really like to do anyway. So it would be a great situation. It sounds like, so far, there hasn't been any opposition, and we're crossing our fingers that he will hear something definite this coming week.

Today we have another open house so Brad is finishing up a few things and I'm getting ready to go to the gym. We haven't had any additional showings since the one on Monday, so we're hoping to get some traffic today.

On the other end, things are moving along on the house in Waterloo. Steve has been great, even though I can be a bit neurotic when it comes to this process....ok, more neurotic than usual. When we bought our first house, I was so nervous about signing all of that paperwork that I didn't understand, that I made Linda, our realtor and Tim, our financing guy give me a quick rundown of every single paper we were signing. Then Tim showed up to our closing, I think more to make sure I didn't have a nervous breakdown. So Steve, if you read this, you got me on round 2! Be glad you weren't there for the first round!

There has been so much to do, but all of the people involved have been great so that has made it a lot easier. Now we are starting to go through our things and decide what else we don't want. Now that we know what we will be moving into. The next couple of weeks should be a little break from paperwork and more about getting ourselves organized.

Wow...a month...I still can't believe it...where did the last 8 years go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger