Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away. (Unknown)
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
An update
I forgot to update that my dad went back to work on the 4th. When I talked to him at the end of last week, he was doing pretty well. Not having a lot of pain driving, but definitely feeling that he'd been off work. It's so hard to believe that he's back on his feet already -- boy how time flies! Not so much for dad I suppose, after all those days he was laid up! Over the last month, every time I call him, he was either on an exercise machine or walking all over town...I'm really proud of how much he was pushing himself to get going physically so his return wouldn't be quite so hard....I have been terrible about my gym motivation....well, I'm motivated, my actual execution of getting myself there has been terrible....It's my #2 commitment now that I'm on days..if he can get going on that sore leg, I can get 20-30 minutes in at the gym...my #1 commitment is getting this sleep thing back on track. I would guess that if I can't stay awake after work, I can't really work out. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great news for Dad Y. We just finished an hour of circuit training, which we do 3 days a week and I walk 2. Now with my new busier schedule, we have to get up at 6 am to do it, but we will. Good luck to you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAlot of support come from family & friends. I figured if I wasn't doing therapy & exercises I would have to put up with the rath of the wife & kids, hmmmmmmm - therapy & exercising is the easier out. :) Love you all thanks for the support - Dad
ReplyDelete