I forgot my camera, but Ryan took some pictures, so when I get them, I'll post them.
Here's why I'm proud:
I have a horrid summer cold that is aggravating my asthma and it's hard to breathe when sitting, let alone when running.
It was was the 2nd or 3rd hottest & most humid day we have had this year.
I haven't trained in much heat or humidity this year.
I have never run more than 1.5 miles outside before in my entire life, since my training got derailed twice by illness.
I only had to walk 2 times for less than a block each time....because I was really having a hard time breathing and wanted to avoid an asthma attack. I think I could have run the entire thing if I wasn't sick!
Tana ran with me and kept me inspired.
Since I haven't run more than 1.5 miles, I thought I would run 15 minute miles and finish in a minimum of 45 minutes and actually finished in 41:29 with 13:23 minute miles.
and most importantly, I raised money for an organization that supports people with cancer. Cindy lost her battle with this disease, Judy is fighting it now, Dave will be monitored every 6 months for the rest of his life because of it, and a co-worker's wife just died this week at age 30 of this disease.
My results:

The official race record says the conditions at were:
mostly sunny
74 degrees
73% humidity
wind 12mph
and that was at 8am -- It's 90 degrees right now.
Thanks to:
Brad for being supportive and proud whenever I get off my butt and run
Tana for signing up and running with me
Ryan for telling me he walked during a race, too
Hanah for being so cute that everyone with cameras took pictures
Mom & Dad, Dad D, Cheryl, Kate, Tim, Nil, Tana & Tiff V for donating
Kate & Roger for coming out to watch us finish
Michael for being supportive, being my run "coach", and for reminding me that no matter the results, the fact that I did this is reason to be proud.
and everyone else who emailed or posted support and encouragement.

No comments:
Post a Comment