Friday, January 9, 2009

Virus and Martini Friday

I have been fighting a cold (or something) all week. I have taken my Zicam, put off the start of my 8k training until next week, but probably didn't get as much sleep as I should have. I have been feeling a bit run down and last night I went to dinner with some friends from work and my throat started to sound a bit scratchy...but once I got home, my voice started to fade. I figured by morning it would be improved...nope, gone...pretty much...I'm extremely hoarse....and continue to be...it makes communicating exhausting....

So tomorrow at the bowling birthday party, I might just have to smile and use hand signals! :)

Tonight (despite my lack of communication) I went to Leanne's for martini Friday with some of her friends from work. We had a great time, played a funny game, and told humorous stories and I did refrain from talking as much as I ususally would. (you're shocked, I know). I drank mostly water, knowing that was the option my body really needs right now. I finally peeled myself away and now, speaking of getting rest, will be dragging myself to bed.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger