So....many people know now that couponing is my new thing.
There's a sort of stigma associated with the level of couponing that I have dedicated to. People look at you kind of weird (yes, even weirder than they previously looked at me) However, I frankly, don't care :) When people check behind me or next to me and pay twice as much for 1/4 of the groceries I have....I feel slightly bad for holding them up, but not bad for figuring out this art. And when people I know find out I save $100 in 1 trip, they start to have a bit of....let's call it a freak out...and want to instantly know how to do it.
I also used to be one of those people who only picked up pennies because (heaven forbid!) face down pennies were bad luck. A couple of years ago I switched gears to "every penny counts" and I add the face down ones to my penny jar. Those suckers add up. Do you know how many pennies are face down as opposed to up?! I don't know either, but it's a lot...
So in the current economy, saving every penny, and I mean every one counts. So out there and proud, I continue my coupon trek. I have completed most of my stockpiles (see Tana's awesome & simple explanation: Stockpiling) so that part is pretty much over for me for now unless I find something free or near free. Phase II is buying things only on sale and when there are at least one, probably two coupons.
Here's my one piece of advice:
EVEN if you don't live somewhere where you can take advantage of double and triple coupons, you can save a lot of money using this process of strategic shopping (sales + coupons together).
My friend, and partner in savings, Tana has eloquently described how this whole things works, so I put her links on my coupon blog (http://dresavesmoney.blogspot.com/). She's much better at describing the whole thing without it being confusing.
On Friday I'm hosting some girls and friends from work so that they can learn the tricks of the trade...If you are near we'd love to have you! Check out my coupon blog for details!
(http://dresavesmoney.blogspot.com/).

Just dropping by to say "Hello"! Hoping all is well with you, Bradley and the dog's. Miss you guys! xo
ReplyDeleteN.
Can you show my "wife" how to do coupons? ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
When are we going to see you guys next?
Awww, thanks for the kudo's and links Andrea! You know you rock and save more than I do some days. Looking forward to seeing you next Saturday. Have fun at tomorrow's swap :)
ReplyDelete