This week was one spent trying to recoup from last week and all that was it's craziness. It was definitely better but my exhaustion finally caught up with me. Wednesday night I went to bed at 845 and didn't get up until 7am.
Sammy has been puking & pooping off and on for about 10 days. I thought we had it licked twice but Brad came home on Wednesday to, well....we'll just call it a blow out of both ends.... in his kennel. Luckily, Brad got home before Trevor the neighbor boy got here. Brad got him and the kennel all cleaned up by the time I got home. Then it was my turn to tackle the laundry that was all gross.
I fell asleep early on the couch & went to bed at midnight. I slept until 645 or 700 and then took Sammy to the vet at 745 after getting ready for work. I dropped him off for the day so they could try to find out what was going on. He was also favoring his back right leg alot...It's the one that he holds up when he runs downstairs (it's like he thinks he faster by not using the 4th leg). He started holding it up a lot after he would get sick and we thought maybe he was in pain and it was causing him stress. After dropping Sammy off, I took a trip to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned.
Back to the vet at 415 to pick up Sam. They can't find anything wrong with him. Think that he maybe got into something or ate something. He gave us an antibiotic/anti-inflammatory, some anti-vomit medicine, and some pepcid for his stomach acid. He said he just wanted to settle his system down as soon as he could since he's been on & off sick for so long. He said let's wait and see if he starts using his leg after he's done with the illness. So a bland diet for him until tomorrow and then he can go back on his regular food.
After getting Sam home and settled, I went to the Portsmouth 'marina' to pick up my Aunt Sue and her husband Ed. They are the ones who are living on their boat, traveling the East Coast on the Atlantic. They are cruising with a friend from Iowa and he was very nice. I picked them all up and was able to take them to a few places to get supplies and then we met up with Brad to eat mexican food. The company was great and fun and the food and margaritas were yummy. We had a great time and had fun talking about where they will spend their winters and summers and we'll have to seriously consider going to visit them in the Virgin Islands...we just need to find a reasonable flight to somewhere near them. They would then take us around to the islands...it sounds like a blissful trip. I hope that we can make it happen. Probably have to go before the middle of May otherwise we have to wait until after November because in the middle of all of that is hurricane season and they have to be farther south.
Thursday night on the way home I tweaked my neck (the one where you just turn your head & get the piercing pain). So I sitting & standing at work made it worse on Friday....After work I put some heat on it before we headed to Mike & Lisa's for Scott & Diane's going away party.
The party was enjoyable and it was so nice to see everyone I haven't seen at the gym because I have been running outside or gone on the weekends.
Today we went to Elizabeth City, NC for an appointment and then got home for a nap. For dinner we went to Jillian's for my work for a celebration of passing our yearly assessment. We had a great time hanging out with everyone and playing a bunch of games..
I also got my flu shot yesterday. I was holding off because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't want it to make me sick.. So far so good...I hope that holds....
I have several pictures to post so I'll attempt to get to that tomorrow. We don't have anything planned right now...I think for the first time all summer. It will be nice to catch up on some things around the house that I've been meaning to do!
Happy Weekend and go Cowboys (please let this game be better!!!)

Dre! I hate to tell you this but...it is not summer anymore! LOL! Get your ass off the couch and focus on fantasy football! You need to make some changes my friend!
ReplyDeleteTalk to ya later.
Poor Sammy :(
ReplyDeleteGlad things are getting back to normal. I'm counting down the days for the same here -- in a week, Mike will be HOME!!! October has definitely flown by, but I want the next week to be the fastest yet!
GO COWBOYS!!
Jenni - it's still summer here in VA until I can't wear my flip flops anymore, dammit! AND....last i checked i haven't lost this week yet AND i'm 3 people ahead of you in the rankings....so go cheer for the Eagles and leave me alone :)
ReplyDeleteJes--it was great to see mike! i'm trying to post pictures of the weekend he was here...i'm sure you are both looking forward to him coming home!