This weekend was sweet & bitter all in one.
I can't believe this is happening.... I talked to Shari back in June about going to a football game and we got tickets to see Penn play Columbia this weekend. After we had made all the arrangements, I realized it was the weekend of the Norfolk Wine Festival, my favorite event of the year. I was very sad when I realized and since I had already invested money, it really didn't make sense to change it.
Apparently, this, coupled with other things that I have done (and haven't done) have made Kate so angry with me that she notified me on Friday that she doesn't want to see me anymore. I haven't been given the chance to talk to her or see her to try and work on this at all. She is so upset because I went to Pennsylvania with Brad to attend the game with Shari instead of with her to the Wine Festival, which I usually attend with her and a group of friends. I admit I screwed up and should have emailed her right away about my mistake, but I didn't and I certainly didn't think it was worth ending a friendship over. Over the weekend, I've been told for the first time, all of the things I've done to upset her over the past 3 years, all things that I never knew that I was doing...and that was that...."be old friends from the past that never see each other." It's saddens me that I was doing things I didn't realize because I certainly would have fixed them had I known. What a crummy end to a crummy week.
On the other hand, I did try to pull some fun and relaxation together....it was great to visit PA & NJ and see everyone. I have pictures to post, but I really need to get to bed. I'll get them up as soon as I can. Ivy League football IS very different from other college football, but was very fun just the same. It was also great to hang out with friends and eat brunch with Tiff and Jenni. I wish we all lived closer to each other...
And we didn't get a flat tire on the way through Delaware this time....thank goodness. I hope this marks the start of a better upcoming week.

Glad you guys had fun at the game, and got to see more friends for brunch! Are we running this week? Only 12 more days until the race. XOXO
ReplyDeleteIt was great seeing you too Dre! I hope we can see eachother over a real bubbly brunch sometime soon! Hope this week is better than the last...See ya soon! Hughs to Brad and Sammy!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you had such a crap week, but this too shall pass. I am glad Jenni and I got a chance to see you and make you laugh a little.
ReplyDeleteRock on my dear friend! ROCK ON!
Wow, girl, that really was a hard weekend you had. Especially coming so soon after the anniversary of something very painful for you and Brad. Hopefully it didn't ruin the fun time you had planned.
ReplyDeleteSend me back the other half of the "Best Friends" necklace I gave you in 7th grade. You aren't my friend anymore.
ReplyDeleteToo bad TiffyHan..after you stopped updating your blog, I flushed it.
ReplyDelete