
Ed Hochuli is my favorite ref...He's by far the most fair, accurate, and he explains things. (and his huge guns make recreating calls one of the funniest parts of Sunday afternoon). And now that's he screwed up and done the right thing...I respect him even more than I did before he screwed up.
My message below to those who blogged to this news article (be warned...my harsh self was out when I typed this): Ed Hochuli Article
1). The Charger game was a new rule this year. If we all made a mistake on something that just changed at our jobs would WE get fired right after the first mistake? I hardly think so....This guys has been in the NFL as an official for NINETEEN YEARS and SEVENTEEN as a referee....now get back to re-making my McDonald's hamburger that you made wrong for the 232nd time this year and shut up.
2). The Saints call wasn't EVEN close to the other one. It was a face mask call. And how many refs have missed those -- Good lord...there isn't a Sunday that goes by that there isn't a call missed. If you can do it so much better, after you're done doing your day job ruining our country because you're the CEO at mortgage company making loans to people who can't control themselves, get your freaking butt on the field and get booed by 40,000 people every 2 minutes. Oh, you can't hack it? Then shut up.
3). This guy is a stand up citizen. During his day job, he defends people who are hurt or mistreated..... Ed's Day Job.... how many of us do that? In addition, he's been recognized as one of the best at what he does. Cut the dude some slack. He does more in a day than 75% of this country does in a week. He even went over and apologized on the field that he blew it. Not only that, he's personally responded to the hate mail he has received from people...who does that??? How many people do you know that don't even admit they screwed up, let alone apologize on the spot...Hell, our president and his administration don't even know how to do that. and their mistakes are a hell of a lot bigger than a blown call in Denver or New Orleans. Apology
4). Speaking of firing, so how often do we fire the players WHOSE JOB it is to catch, kick, run the ball or block other people? We give them a few zillion chances before we slaughter them. Why, cause we know we can't live without them. If we were without Ed Hochuli, it would be like the Pats without Brady...sucky...
5). want to be one of the few who defends Super Ed. So he's human, he screwed up and he apologized....welcome to the Planet Earth, Ed. We're all human here. And sorry Chargers...it just wasn't meant to be. Get over it. (Sorry, Jeff!)
6). Ed's site: http://www.nfl85.com/ And don't you know that after my registration is confirmed, I'm leaving dear old Ed some motivational words of my own!
7). I'It's almost my birthday...I might request an Ed Hochuli t-shirt...hell, I might just buy one myself. These are my favorites: Ed T-shirts


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594778
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3596289

Technically that missed face mask call on Monday night was not even his call to miss. Last I checked he was not the only ref. on the field. Good blog Dre'.
ReplyDeleteI know, seriously!?
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
I like Ed. I'm too busy to even know what you are talking about. If I have extra time I will check it out. I love the shirts...so you.
ReplyDelete