Monday, October 6, 2008

New Orleans...In no particular order

Here are a bunch of our pictures in no particular order

From Friday 9/26-Monday 9/29 we went to New Orleans...In the pursuit of dragging Lisa's 40th birthday out for an entire year (we started celebrating with skydiving in May!) we went to NO for the weekend. We went with Lisa and Mike, Scott and Diane, and Mike's sister, Sandra and her husband Warren.


Here's some fun from our days, but it was too hard to rearrange them into order...so here they are! I just figure I'm doing good to get them posted after being home for only a week...(I still owe Shari posting of my Maine pictures!)




Cafe Beignet - Monday morning before heading to the airport.



Bourbon St -- It was even more interesting than I thought! We wandered out 2 nights...The 3rd night I was in bed with a fever :(


At Emeril's (yes, the food network guy-bam!)




Scott and Diane




The House of Blues (part of it anyway) from our carriage ride of the Garden District




cool - you know how i LOVE foliage!




Canal Street - the palms were great



Me, Lisa, Sandra, Diane before heading out Saturday night to Herbsaint for dinner -- I wonder where that grouchy waiter is?!






a street performer




Remoulade - a yummy restaurant on Saturday that fulfilled Sandra's craving for appetizer food :)




At the Mississippi River




Our hotel had a rooftop pool! OF COURSE we hung out a couple of days!




The famous Hurricane drink





people throwing beads from porches on Bourbon Street




Mike and Lisa at Emeril's




Archie Manning's house.

(For those who don't know football..you may know Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Manning) ....or Eli his brother, the whiney pants....Archie is their dad)




Before going to Herbsaint...yes, I'm wearing a dress!



Warren and Sandra at Emeril's




Last morning's breakfast...




The real sign.....




Turns out Lisa and Bradley are both 49ers fans...and it just so happened that the 9ers were in town when we were in NO! So OF COURSE, we had to go...it was Brad and I's first NFL game!




After the football game, we went to watch the most important team in the NFL



My fabulous new jersey...I know, you're jealous...but try not to be....






Us outside the Superdome




the field



wooohooo!

Outside Orleans Cafe for breakfast before the game. Obviously we got heckled all morning being dressed in the opposing team's colors. I simply couldn't wear a 9ers shirt...I did buy 9ers beads to show my support. But my heart belongs in Dallas. The only exception to this rule was when the Steelers went to the Superbowl and I bought a Polamalu shirt.







Gay district




On the carriage ride




Diane, Lisa, Sandra and I in the pool





Archie Manning's number retired in the Superdome



supporting the 9ers









This is how I feel when I look at the flight into wrong and have to sit in the airport for 4 extra hours and have to pay $240 extra to get home.





Lafayette cemetery -- this is a famous one that Ann Rice uses in her books and was in the movie Double Jeopardy. Most people think that they bury people like this because of the water table, but the groundskeeper told us it was really because it was a Roman Catholic tradition and they kept up with it...He said that the cemeteries can float if they have the right kind of floods, but that's not the main reason why they bury the dead above ground.




I find cemetaries in general fasinating...so this one was even more intriguing.




They have one open vault that a family donated so they can show it to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger