I got my hair cut, attended 2 Body Design classes and 1 start step class. My body hurts today and I took my arms and abs, and obliques to complete muscle failure in class tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow.
My former boss at work drinks "green drinks" --Basically a smoothie with spinach in it. Sounds gross, I know, but it's not! He let me try it a while back and it's been great. I got a mini blender the day after Thanksgiving (the one that you blend right in the cup). I get frozen fruit because I don't make time to cut up stuff (except bananas). I was sold on them, because they actually taste like the fruit you put in, you don't taste any spinach. Trust me, really. I know I do some weird things...and I do get weird looks with these, but everyone who has tried them has liked them.
Here is the one I keep making over and over this week
Of course, I don't measure any of this...I just put in what will fit -- The measurements are only so you can get an idea.
few tablespoons of OJ
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup frozen mango
1/4 cup frozen pineapple
1/4 cup silken tofu (for some protein--I'm not a big meet eater these days)
For fruit, sometimes I use some frozen blueberries or cranberries + 2 bananas instead of the mango or pineapple. Basically my freezer just has loads of fruit from Trader Joes and I just mix it up when I get tired of something. I eat these before I got to the gym sometimes..sometimes for breakfast and sometimes for lunch...Just whenever.

Sounds Great Andie! Instead of tofu, I use a dry protein powder and yogurt. I'll be trying your mix! :-) A. Kathy
ReplyDeletePS someone left advice about your bulbs today.
Hunter said to tell you "Nice try" with your Lakers. He's talking smack because he loves the Cavs. : )
ReplyDeleteGreen drinks sound interesting. I am so happy you have been able to work out. I need to get there, soon! I'm done at Dawn's so I should have a bit more wiggle room to find time to get together. Maybe we can talk this weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds interesting. I like a lot of fruit too. I'm not a spinach fan but want to try it. Is the spinach fresh or forzen or what? I would like to try it.
ReplyDeletei use fresh baby spinach, but i think any kind would be fine. you just have to make sure the ratio is enough that you don't taste the spinach ...i'm getting addicted to the crazy things...and the spinach is SOO good for you. Let me know what you come up with!
ReplyDeleteTiff, tell Hunter "PLBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTT"
ReplyDelete