So this week has been a bit rough...with the cold I have in my chest, I have to be careful because of my asthma. On Tuesday I decided 5 days of no working out was enough, even though I went to Yoga last Friday night. On Tuesday, I went to my 1st real (non-starter) Pilates class, ran for 12 minutes on the treadmill, and then went to my 2nd starter Step class. I was feeling a lot more comfortable with the step and thought I'd try the real step class again today..Well, I had not had this instructor before and she did things I haven't seen (of course). So I got a 3/4 workout because I couldn't see her some of the time and at one point thought I was going to hurl...I ate my pear too close to class time. After step, I saw Mike and Lisa there and walked around the track with them. Then I ran for 12 minutes again.
Despite the issue with step, this was a week of progress. I started running at 4.0 on the treadmill (which is slightly slower than a snail to the regular runner) and last week I ran at 4.2 and today at 4.4 -- I'll have to stick with 4.4 for a little bit because my heart rate got to 175 after a while.
The other progress was that I have lost 4 pounds and 2 inches from my belly! (I had gotten back to 160 when I started this -- My healthy weight is probably more like 140 -- and I'm down to 156) My pants aren't tight anymore.
YIPPEE!
At this rate, when we get pregnant (someday), I might be at a weight that won't make me end up at 200 pounds!

No comments:
Post a Comment