Wednesday, June 25, 2008

VACATION!!!



And just in time! I am tired, burned out and ready for a break from work!

I love my job, but am always in fast forward...mom and grandpa remind me that my body rejects me if I don't slow down enough....I just started getting a bit over tired this week. I went to bed at 9pm last night because I was so exhausted I could barely keep my eyes open. I am not exhausted like yesterday, but still really tired. Can't wait for another good night's sleep.

We are picking up Doug in the morning and then heading to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and coffee...then off to Williamsburg to meet up with our chauffeur..Amtrak!

We are going to Philly to stay with Shari this weekend and are going into NYC on Sunday for the PRIDE week parade ~~ I am so excited and proud that we are going to be in NYC to commemorate this event in the same city where the movement started in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Inn

I am proud to support good friends and be a part of such a fantastic event! This is a life that is different than my own, but I love to celebrate everyone's right to happiness.

Happiness should be a gauge of success in life, not how many barriers we put in front of people just because they believe, act, or choose differently than we do.

I can't wait! It's going to be a weekend of eating, drinking, and being merry! Just taking a break ~~ Look out, here we come!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys have an awesome weekend! Really loved what you wrote about this event - have fun and be safe. See you on the 6th!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger