Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spring Adventures Round 2

Here is round 2 of what we've been up to. My Aunt Sue and he husband Ed are retired and enjoy sailing...so they have a great sailboat, moved on to it and sail all over. They are headed to the Caribbean but some boat repairs didn't allow them to get far enough south before hurricane season. So they are heading back up the East Coast for a while and will try the trip again after the season. They docked in Portsmouth (about 20 minutes from our house) last weekend. We stopped in to see the new boat, take them to dinner, and take them to Trader Joe's for a stock up! Even though it was a short time, it was great to catch up!




Sue, Ed, and the Angel Louise
A few weeks ago, we went with Tana, Ryan, and Hanah to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. We always visit gardens when we go on vacation and I've been to these gardens a few times for other events, but never to browse the grounds and appreciate the beauty. I loved it so much, I became a member for the year so that I can go back any time I want. And I can take a car load of people with me for free :)



me in the Japanese gardens....My favorite place in all botanical gardens.




me and the worm in the children's section





Ryan wearing Hanah's hat

Tana and I at the entrance to the rose garden



I found my all time favorite plant at this garden. It's a Japanese Lilac Tree. I love Japanese trees/plants and love lilacs...I could have climbed into this tree and smelled it all day long.

Japanese Maple


more Japanese Maple...my favorite





the rose garden








1 comment:

  1. Andrea, your pictures turned out great. That was a fun day! Hope to do it again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger