On Portsmouth Blvd going over 664.
Coming up on 664 near Lowe's on Portsmouth Blvd.
At the end of Shoulder's Hill road where all of the cell and weather towers are.
A neighborhood down the street from us...
Then there's the flooding...it breaks my heart to see these pictures and see the places I know so well. Our friends Charity and Dave right near some of these pictures. Last I heard they were still ok but I need to check in again. Our friend Devona is from New Hartford and her friends and family have had to evacuate. Our friends Josh and Michelle in Cedar Rapids have several friends and family affected. They are going to investigate with FEMA today if her mom's house is still liveable after having 10 feet of water. Her aunt's house and cousin's house are both total losses as they were closer to downtown. It's the worst flooding they have ever seen in Iowa...And we've had some bad flooding there.
There's a 200 mile detour from Cedar Rapids and Iowa City and they are right next to each other. Interstate 380 in Cedar Rapids is closed because it's over the river.... It's unreal.

This is where my friend Tiffany Hansen used to live in Waterloo on San Souci island They were hit with water several times but never this bad. This is taken from the 1 bridge that is still open to get back and forth from one side of Waterloo to the other. I saw some news reports that said it was a 1 hour back up to get over the bridge. This is about 1 minute from Charity and Dave's house.
San Souci island again











It is really too bad. Hopefully, weather will change for the better soon.
ReplyDeleteIt has definitely been a crazy crazy year. Ohio has had some strange weather too ... lots of Tornado warnings (a few is normal in some areas, but not all over the state). And to balance out the flooding, this area of Texas is about 20" short of their annual rainfall. I didn't know there was a fire at Dismal Swamp -- we lived about 10 minutes from it, so I bet it's crazy over by that area of Chesapeake. I really hope hurricane season isn't this bad :-/ Mother Nature seems pretty angry right now.
ReplyDeleteWe still miss you guys. Tell Brad we say happy puppy father's day :)
How are you friends and family? I'm hoping we'll be able to help people in Iowa next Summer. :-)
ReplyDelete