Friday, March 2, 2007

TGIF

Does cold and flu season ever end? I guess I'm paying for a few years of decent health. I was sick over Christmas, then the flu & cold in January, and after 2 weeks of being healthy, another cold has moved in. After about of month of stress and busy times at work, I guess my system just decided I needed another wake up call to slow down.

This week has been challenging in other ways, too. Sammy took his first trip to his own vet on Tuesday. It was great - The vet was extremely nice, as were all of the people that work there. He was so good and let them poke and prod and give him shots. Then....on Monday in the middle of the night, I picked him up and he yelped in pain, but not where he got his shots. After several times of this, I woke up Bradley and we called the vet hospital and they said since he was walking fine and it appeared he could rest, he said wait until morning & take him to the regular vet. So, less than 24 hours later, we were back at the vet again. They couldn't find anything wrong with him and the doctor gave him a shot of puppy motrin thinking he might just be sore. The ladies at the office were oogling over him again as we left.

Two exciting things happened this week, though! Sammy started going up & down the stairs to the upstairs! Brad has been getting him to practice on a couple of them and then one day he showed up upstairs! Then one day, he showed up downstairs! He also spent his first day out of his crate while we were at work. I had to be at work on Wednesday and he would be locked up for 7 hours and we decided we didn't want to do that, because he is usually only there for 4-5 hours at a time. Since he has been pretty good about his potty training. So we left him out--He went to the bathroom in all the right places and was curled up in his bedtime kennel like he'd been napping all afternoon. Ah...to be a dog.

I also got finished with that big project/presentation at work, so no more stressing about that....

Seriously...I'm really glad it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger