Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quick Update

So here is a quick update from the weekend. I have several pictures to post when I get more time.

On Friday night, Mike and Lisa came out to the oceanfront to spend the night for the Shamrock 8k on Saturday morning. We ate at the Jewish Mother for dinner and then played some Farkel before hitting the hay. I haven't been feeling very well since Thursday morning, so I was trying to get a good night's sleep before this race that I hadn't trained well for any way.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling horrible and had no energy...I didn't think I was going to be able to even go watch the race let alone run in it or walk it. After being up for a while, I decided I could probably walk it so I quickly got dressed. After getting to the start line, all the excitement got me thinking I could run for a bit. I started out running for the 1st mile and walked for mile 2 and 3 and then ran the last 1.5 miles. Not too bad for training hardly at all. I was able to finish in an hour and 12 minutes which is really good considering I walked for half the race. Mike and Lisa did well and so did our friend Danijel who met up with us and started the race with us.

Saturday night we met Ryan, Tana, their friend Marsha and my friend my high school, Korina and her boyfriend, Scott for dinner. Korina and Scott flew in from Colorado for the 1/2 and full marathon and a spring break vacation. We had a nice dinner and headed to bed to get up early.

Sunday we got up early and headed down to the 1/2 marathon start line where Ryan, Tana, Marsha, Korina, and my friend Michael were racing while we took care of Hanah. Then we went to grab some coffee and then cheered Scott at the start line for the marathon. We then took our place near the finish line to cheer everyone in the 1/2 marathon on for last couple of blocks and then cheered on Scott at the 1/2 way mark in his race. Then we had to head out to finish some things at the house.

After one last lunch at Machismo, a few patched nail holes, re-loading the car, we said goodbyes to our neighbors Ryan & Pam, then to Ryan & Tana, Leanne, and Mike & Lisa. Frankly, it sucked. Saying goodbye is not my favorite. Then we got on the road.

Traffic to Richmond was ridiculous so there were several little accidents and we drove through a pile of debris from an big accident -- they were letting traffic through before it was cleaned up and this becomes a big deal about 4 hours later! It took almost an hour and a half longer to get to Richmond than it should have.

We had smooth sailing until a big bang right before Covington, VA. Turns out it we may have run over metal that tore our tire and it started separating from the tire...We were stuck on the side of the interstate and had to call AAA. The guy who came to rescue us didn't have a jack, even though, he knew we had a flat tire! It was ridiculous! And then started the adventure that was right out of a horror movie! More on this story later when I have more energy to tell it. But it was another 2 hour delay.

We wanted to get to Dayton, OH, but we were just too tired after getting up at 545a and we stopped in Charleston, WV. We got a good night's sleep and then set off again. We had the most fabulous day of traveling - no construction, no traffic, no delays, no nothing. We made awesome time and go to the house about 830pm where Steve, our realtor and my parents met us. The dogs traveled really, really well--we couldn't have asked for them to be better.

Today we had to shop for some appliances and other things for the house. We also had to make stops to set up IA insurance and sign for utilities, etc. We had a productive day and then ate dinner with Brad's dad.

Tomorrow our truck is supposed to come and so are our appliances. Then Thursday we are supposed to get the rest of our things hooked up. I will be heading to work Thursday and Friday this week and to Minneapolis on Monday & Tuesday of next week.

My focus the next couple days is to get the priorities of the house in order and feel better. I am still battling this cold/flu thing. I also am hoping that Grandpa gets better. He headed to the hospital tonight with pneumonia and may be there for a couple of days. Unfortunately I probably won't be visiting since I'm not well either....

That's all for now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got there safely. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safe and sound, even with a few minor "bumps" in the road. Sorry to hear about your gpa ... hope he's feeling better soon! We miss you .... can't wait to see photos of the house once you're all settled. Miss you guys .... it's Mexican Wednesday after all! :-( XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you are all there safe and sound it sounded like a trip though just remember when you are old and rocking in that chair how this adventure will enter into a conversation!!!!
    Seriously good luck in your job and do hope yur gpa is doing better.
    We are sympoathetic as to the dogs and how they travel and thanks goodness yours did well and we are so grateful that ours do so well too. They ven have their barkers a little more quiet too!!!
    Give each other big hugs ok and hope you get better too!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger