Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 days and counting

I've been wigging out a little (ok, a lot....) this week...there has been an enormous amount to be done...then with getting an offer last weekend...it was SO great, but the other side is all that had to be done with this speedy closing date while trying to finish up my obligations at work.

So today is a bit better....the trim got painted so hopefully the HOA will be happy...Rey is an angel...there is no other way to describe it. He has jumped through hoops to help us, only because he is a friend of Scott's. I don't have any idea what I would have done without him. On Monday, he is coming on Monday to finish the rest of the things on the home inspection list....so by Wednesday we should be good on the inspection side.

Rey is trying to helping me find a carpet guy who can come and stretch our upstairs carpet...then we'll be good to go with the buyers.

Tomorrow night, our friend Dave is coordinating a going away party for us at the Bier Garden, Brad's favorite restaurant. Saturday is our shin dig at the house. Sunday is brunch at Brutti's. It will be a weekend filled with great people and great memories...and I'll probably be a blubbering mess....I've said it a million times...I am SO excited for this new opportunity and to be near great friends and family, but I'm equally as sad about leaving this great area and the friends here who are have been our Virginia family....I keep getting teary eyed about all of the "last" things we are doing here.

Saturday, Brad took me to Luna Maya, the last time I will eat at my favorite restaurant for a long while, I'm sure...

Tonight I picked up my car from our mechanic, also named Dave...he's been our mechanic for 7 years and has taken as good care of us as Barney did in Iowa. You all know how hard good mechanics (who don't take you to the cleaners) are to find.....It made me sad to drive away for the last time.

I'll be crazy excited to be in Iowa...don't get me wrong...it will be great..and I will get over this...but while I'm saying goodbye, I'm just going to bounce between happy and sad while I soak in the places and people who have been my life for the last 7 years....

4 comments:

  1. I'll be going to Luna Maya twice more before I move. I may miss it the most of all the places I love here. For sure I will always have fond memories and eat there every time I visit. I'll miss The Bier Garden, too...and Cogan's and Fellini's...ok...stopping, I am very hungry all the sudden. Congrats on everything. Have a safe move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BFF! I will be away when your planning to leave so I wanted to wish you and Brad safe travels if I don't talk to you beforehand! I am so happy for you both. Everything has come together and come full circle as it was meant to be. We will miss you both but hope to see you in Iowa VERY soon! Remember...Amish babes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep we know exactly what you say, in our case it was leaving 11 yrs behind, but memories is what you will always have. It's time now to build on the future and like you said your immediate family and friends, what a great opportunity.
    We wish you and Brad tons of fun and a safe move back to Iowa and we truly will keep in touch via emails and blogs don't forget, and don't forget VEGAS Baby!!!!!!!
    Best of all wishes see you this summer.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you both as well and we do wish you well with your travels.
    Keep on posting ok????
    I love your hair too!!!!!
    Diane

    March 15, 2009 9:53 AM

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger