Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Virginia Weather ... and a bit of sadness

So my 2nd favorite thing about Hampton Roads, VA is the weather. For the record, my 1st favorite is the ocean. Just when you are over a season because it's too much, it starts to turn the next one. I'm kind of over the humidity right now, especially since it started being 100 the first week of June this year. The good thing is, that really set the tone for the summer. No day has seemed as hot as that first week...really puts it into perspective!

I am really wanting some fall jeans and sweatshirt weather. And apparently so is my cousin Melissa who blogged about her fabulous sweatshirt weather this week.

As soon as I'm done with fall, winter will set in, and just as soon as I'm done with the dreariness of the winter (it NEVER gets too cold here - being from Iowa, it's all relative) and sick of wearing all of those clothes, the spring will set in and I'll be wishing for shorts weather...then it will be 100 and the cycle continues.

When we were in Maine it was 78 on the hottest day and got down to 52 one night -- that REALLY got me going for sweatshirt weather.

We're in this weird stage right now where this morning it was cool enough (for me anyway) to wear a sweatshirt and shorts, but then it got up to 90....I feel fall coming...

and in other news...our neighbors next door, who watch Sam when we are out of town...had a friend that we know pass away suddenly over the weekend from a heart condition...he was only 41...my heart breaks for them...death is hard, but the sudden ones, well, they are just indescribable. I've been thinking about them alot this week...Hug your loved ones tight today.

And...if you don't have your "affairs" in order, start talking about it..you just don't know when it will happen to you. They talked about it a couple of weeks ago...you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger