Friday, August 29, 2008

The Sisters Take Louisville Day 2

So this morning we putzed around after a great night's sleep. We went to the lobby for breakfast and saw a Brad Pitt look alike. He sat behind us so Tiffany took a picture of us..haha...it doesn't look as much like him from the very front, but from the side or an angle he sure did!


Me and the Brad Pitt look alike

After breakfast we went over by Leanne's hometown of Bardstown to a place called Bernheim. It's a forest and arboretum and it was beautiful...a great quiet place to start our day.

Bernheim


the visitors center...gorgeous!


Us on a trail....ok, really...I am still the reigning queen of the self-portrait! I took this bad boy on the first try! And check out my new shades...I forgot mine...so I bought these at Target and they channel my inner-Lenny Kravitz and have bling sparkles on the edges!


This is us at a tree canopy walk...it goes out into the forest and is 75 feet in the air. when you get to the end it starts to sway and it's freaky as heck. since I'm afraid of heights, I stayed for a couple of minutes but then had to turn back...but it was really neat...(again, a great picture on the first try!)


Tiff taking pictures of nature and Jessica walking up the trail to the Fire Tower


Fire Tower...we couldn't go up, but it was really neat to read about.


The trail back to the car.
Then we went and ate lunch at California Pizza kitchen and sat outside -- and it was great out! Then we went shopping at Kohl's and Dick's before ice cream and heading back.

Jess and Tiff channeling their inner mannequins at Dicks Sporting Goods.



tiff and jess at DQ gettin' blizzards! YUM-O


and we saw this next to our hotel...pretty sure it's missing a letter.
now we are back at the hotel...me downloading pictures and talking to Tony on IM while Jess is reading and Tiff is napping.

Tonight I think I am going to run and T & J are going to hang at the pool...and then I'll join them!

2 comments:

  1. Check Facebook for Mike's comment on the street sign. I want to join in on your next sisters weekend as an honorary sis. Feel free to vote on this while you're all together ;) MISS YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls, settle down you are suppose to relax and enjoy yourself on this trip :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger