Monday, December 3, 2007

Random Thoughts

As you probably know...it's the busiest time of the year at Target...It's my job to make sure cartons get out the door so that the guest can buy them...No pressure! It appears that this may be the busiest week our building has all year...It may take up a lot of my time, but most of you know, I thrive in chaos...we'll see if it continues

As the holidays approach I am more thankful than ever for the family and friends that I have. I am spread far apart from most of them, but it's the time I am thankful that I stay in touch with so many people.

I am thankful for our health...After a year that includes the death of a friend from cancer, a friend/co-worker who is battling cancer and a friend suffering from a near fatal blodclot, I remember that allergies and asthma aren't so bad...Sure I need to be careful, but I can easily control my exposure and environment and handle these issues

It's been a miserable body image/exercise week - I don't know how, but I seem to have gained 5 pounds since my re-engagement with the gym. I did 40 minutes of cardio yesterday and ate healthy today -- a kashi pizza for dinner...Oh, and a margarita...ok, so 2 margaritas...but they were "healthy" ones made out of natural juices and not loads of sugar. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

The people at Macy's are stupid. I bought a bra last weekend in GA and when I got it home and it still had an ink tag on it...I went to a checkout to get it removed and they sent me to lingerie...there was noone there...so I went to children's...she sent me to dresses...she sent me to customer service...they have the right remover, but "it walked off" and she just looked at me like 'what do you want me to do about it'....She told me I could exchange it or go to another store...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Drive to another store because someone at your store is an idiot and didn't do their job? I am understanding that everyone makes mistakes, but what about some accountability here? Anyone? Anyone? So I told her I wanted to exchange it or return it so they were forced to deal with it and she sent me back to lingerie....I couldn't find the same color so I got another...I think the lady in children's gave it to me for free -- she was as annoyed as I was with customer service...By the way, I didn't have anything else to do with an hour on my Sunday...I love standing in line for 10 minutes only to be told..I can't help you, go see someone else...Oh and then there's the lady who practically tackled me at the children's counter so she could shove some underwear behind the counter so her son didn't see her buying his Christmas present...seriously, people....

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, HUNTER! I will post some pictures later this week. I missed calling Hunter Sunday and Monday -- I might be the worstest aunt ever this week.

I had an interesting interaction this weekend with Colin Mochrie from Whose Line Is It Anyway...more to come on that one.

Christmas gift shopping is harder this year than usual.

I have started WAY too late on my shopping

Our tree is up, but has no lights and only two ornaments.

Sammy can't seem to figure out that the lawn is his only potty...the upstairs carpet does not double as the outdoors.

I'm glad to have a friend who works in landscaping...I'll take a picture of his refresh of the lawn...it's freshly mowed and looks so refreshing...you wouldn't know it's winter in our lawn :-)

Dallas could go to the superbowl.

I have been a terrible Lakers fan this year...They shouldn't allow me to have the email address I do.

Monday Night Football is on WAY too late in Virignia.

Sammy loves the cow that Uncle Jarrod gifted him.

I love uploading to snapfish.

Tana inspires me as a mommy...I hope to be 1/2 as good someday.

Are we ever going to get around to that parenting thing?

Laundry should wash itself.

Kurt Warner can still win a game.

I am looking forward to my Pampered Chef party on Saturday.

I am VERY thankful it is not as icy here as in the midwest.

I complain too much.

I just want to note for the record that the Monday Night Football team said that the Ravens are the most disappointing team in the NFL this year -- sorry Ryan, your team stinks.

I am really much happier than my random thoughts appear today :-)

That might the end of most things I thought about today.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really think we are connected on a level deeper than cousins! I have these moments too but I never end up posting them after I write them :o)
    Remember muscle weighs more than fat so your new abs are just turninginto strong muscle now! And the people at Macy's are stupid! There are some AMAZING wee-wee/doo-doo pads that smell like grass that we used to train Emma- Sammy might take to them over the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was going to offer the encouraging (?hopefully) remark about muscle weight.

    I think that's called the "run-around."

    You're further in decorating than I am!! ;-)

    A. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I have just one thing to ask, and you need to be very careful with your answer to the question. The night of your "Pampered Chef" party, you do know that THE Holy Grail of all sports trophies will be at the Scope that very same night, the night of your Pampered Chef party, Saturday night, right? And in case you aren't sure what THE Holy Grail of all sports trophies is, it has also been referred to as LORD STANLEY'S CUP, or THE STANLEY CUP! So, just to be sure, because I know you wouldn't do this on purpose, maybe you should check to see what day your party really is, because I know you wouldn't want to miss the MOST COVETED SPORTS TROPHY EVER CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS OR THE UNIVERSE? Just wanted to ask....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The STANLEY CUP!!! Wow! I had no idea. Scott is so informative.

    I like random thoughts. They are fun to read, and I bet, helpful for you to get them out!

    Take care of youself, Andrea (hey, I should try that myself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, it will be ok -- I'm not really that excited about seeing that piece of metal :-) Brad is sure excited though and he should be there :-) I'll trade it for a night with friends and adult beverages :) HAVE FUN! See you soon! Glad you're back -- We've missed you

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I loved reading these. I never knew we were so much alike. Maybe that's why I didn't think it sounded like you were complaining ;) So, I don't know if you realized this or not, but it's really hard to shop for Christmas when you're working all the time. I think last year I put the tree up on the 20th and bought presents on the 23rd. STRESSFULL! I love Target though. That's what work money is for.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks, Andrea! Don't worry, you are going to be the greatest mommy.

    By the way, thanks for taking me out last night. I feel so good that you chose me over hockey!!!

    And, the pumpkin spice latte was especially good today. We had it made into a frappuccino because it was like freakin' 75 outside! YUMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger