Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Minute Writer

Today's Writing Prompt: Grown Up
Write about a way in which you act grown up...but wish you still acted like a kid.


My relationship with my grandfather....he has had a roller coaster year in terms of his health, and I now live close by again. He was in & out of the hospital & is now in a nursing home. Instead of him getting on me about "what's good for you" like he did when I was younger (eat your veggies, work hard, etc), I find myself trying to convince him about things that are happening for his good, to protect him, to ensure we he has the best life he can. While we have a great relationship, I wish I didn't have to be a grown up and sometimes lecture him about things like this. Sometimes I want to trade being a grown up & talking about nursing homes and medications for being a kid & being able to "argue" about vegetables again.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I hope your Gramps is okay! I responded to you on my blog. Go check it out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger