Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's been a while

WOW! So sorry that we've been away for so long!

Things have been so busy and unfortunately blogging had to be the thing to go...We've done a lot of things in the past couple of weeks, so I have several pictures to post.

So what's been going on? We'll since my last post was on 10/28, we've had Halloween, which we all celebrated, including Sammy. I have some pictures of us as partners "in crime".

Oh, I also owe pictures of the wine festival a couple of weeks ago!

Then was my birthday...the big 3-0! Bradley and I spent a quiet, wonderful dinner at Luna Maya, my favorite restaurant. I had all of my favorites, and it's the time of year they even have the greatest pumpkins soup, so that was a real treat!

This past Sunday, Bradley was nice enough to drag himself with me to an Elliott Yamin concert. For those who don't know, he was on American Idol seasons ago. He is from Richmond and I just loved the way he jammed to the songs he sang and said I would go see him and buy his album when it came out. Of course, I bought the CD and always turn it up loud and sing and dance to his songs....I'm sure I'm quite a sight at the stoplights! Then this week was his concert and since I didn't have anyone to go with, he was nice enough to come with me (i love you, honey).

This last couple of weeks have been so busy at work--It's the busiest time of the year for us of course, since Christmas is around the corner...And since I'm brand new to the job, it's quite challenging, which I love, but it is really exhausting at the end of the day.

I also have been going to the gym...Be it a bit sporadic, I have been making it there. It's quite the funny adventure for sure. I have been attending that Abs/Stretch class...which is still more abs than stretch, but only after a few classes, I can feel my muscles getting stronger. I also have been trying my skills at step classes...By the way, I have not ever done this before, so it's still quite funny. However, I found an instructor who was really easy to follow and KICKS OUR BUTT! Several people, including me, had to stop a few times to break because our hart rates were getting too high. I also tried a class called Body Design...If I haven't told you about this one, it's with a light bar and weights and doing a zillion reps of lifts in a semi-aerobic setting...So we lift to music basically and this class is just murder on the muscles...I have only done it once, so they probably think I'm not coming back...But I will be there again this week sometime.

I think on Friday's I'm going to start going to Yoga after work...I nice decompress after a week of working. Saturdays and Sundays have been my best days to work out since I don't work and I am trying to fit classes in as I can during the week.

My goals? Last year, I topped out at 164 lbs and was maxing out my clothes....I lost 19 lbs. but gained 10 back after getting out of the gym and eating everything I wanted. Last week I started out at 155.5 pounds, so we'll see what kind of work I can do over the next several weeks. My goal is to lose at least 15 lbs to be trim and then just be in good heart health and stay lean. Since I've only gone a couple of times a week over the past couple of weeks, I don't expect miraculous results, but I it's at least a start!

We also hit the japanese restaurant down the street (which I love!) and had hibachi. Oh, and I got a brand new pair of matching pjs...which doesn't seem like much, but after a long day at work, I just look forward to curling up in them with Bradley and Sammy...and it's that time of year when a pair of warm jammies and a nice hot cup of tea or apple cider just makes every great.

So that's about all that's been going on (as if that's not enough, right?)

I will post some pics this week!

And congrats to sis Jessica for getting a blog going!

Hope everyone out there is having a great November....

Love,
A

3 comments:

  1. Wow girl! You do lead a busy life, don't you? Funny how I have 3 little ones and I lead the most boring life out of everyone I know. That is so cool about the whole what do you call it? Exercise thing? You'll have to tell me more about it. Ha ha! Seriously, I need to start working on my abs and it sounds like you can tell me what to do to get myself back in shape. I did just have a kid you know (like 3 years ago, but it will always be my excuse!) Good to see an update though! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to your blog! You are a busy girl. I used to take all kinds of exercise classes, but I haven't noticed them lately at our Park & Rec Dept. Step aerobics were fun!

    I tried voting on your poll. It wouldn't take my vote. Maybe I'm not supposed to like Pumpkin Pie the best! ha.

    A. Kathy
    Check out my new blog. A friend and I call it "One Quilt and a Pillow." (link on my site.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you left out pumpkin pie from your survey. Hmmm. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger