Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This week: Where's Ian, no puppies please and bacon grease

As I look forward to 1.5 days off...I have a meeting to go to on Wednesday at work....I think about what's going on here...Well, I second Hunter's comment on Tiff's blog..When IS baby Ian coming out? I can't wait to meet him. Jessica is very ready to deliver.

Tomorrow, I have to take Sammy to be neutered..sniff, sniff...does anyone ever look forward to sending their baby under the knife? He also has some teeth that need to come out..apparently, some small dogs don't lose all of their baby teeth and they have to be taken out. He has like 100 teeth in that little mouth of his...wish him luck...I don't want to do it, but I don't need any puppy mommies calling me to say their dog had a litter of Chihuahua-like puppies!

Lemon Wife Part 2...Or maybe this time it's Klutzy Wife...While taking a pan of bacon out of the oven on Sat night, I spilled bacon grease on my left hand..Just for the record, it hurts like HELL! Although I've never been to hell, I can now imagine what it feels like to be there. We hustled over to urgent care (one that is more like an ER) and got treated...bawling my head off while trying to relay my personal information to the nurses...it ended up not blistering, thank goodness. Just for the record...if you ever burn your hand, foot, etc. run it under water and fill up a pan with cold water...put the hand/foot in the water for 40-45 mintues (swishing it around in the water makes it hurt less) and take it to the ER in the pan of water. They had me do a pan of water for 45 minutes and then they treated it with creme and bandaged me up...and sent me home with my happy prescription of vicodin. So unfortunately, I am now an expert on how to handle burns quickly and appropriately so not to get blisters. Today I took the bandage off and except for a little tenderness, it appears to be as good as new!

I keep joking Dad that I am trying to "one-up" his knee injury with 2 medical issues in 2 weeks that required narcotic pain killers! I'd really like to think I'm done doing that now..P.S. My root canal of my bad tooth went very well...In any case, I'm hoping I'm done with the medical issues that cause 8s and 10s on the pain scale for a while!

6 comments:

  1. So the pan of bacon grease--is that a "ta-da" moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicotin for migraines....vicotin for knee surgery...vicotin for burned hands..... it's more like Flintstone vitamins!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy's too young to be a papa, anyway.

    And now you're one step closer to being that Super Mom on your list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one to burn my hand at your house...thankfully, I never needed urgent care...feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Scott! I almost forgot!

    "TA-DA!"

    I was too busy running my hand under water while screaming and hollering at Brad while he rifled through the bathroom trying to find burn supplies...but now that it's over...very much a ta-da moment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. molly misses sammy and hopes his surgery goes well ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger