Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ichabad

Grandpa has a frog in his pond named Ichabad...cute...Here are some pics from when we were in Iowa. I LOVE Grandpa's backyard. It has so many beautiful flowers and plants and he has a vegetable garden, too. The pond is so great, the rocks, his decorations...it's just great! I hijacked part of a peony plant (actually Grandma did). He brought me one last year, but it didn't do that well, showed itself for a moment, but then went away...thinking maybe it didn't get enough sun, because Grandpa's are in full sun and looked good. Guess on that one, I'll dig it up and move it...maybe it will do better next year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love frogs. That is the greatest yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid that when I was there last weekend Ichabod had gone. Grandpa said he doesn't know if he died or something happened to him during the last big rain we had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pond at our "other house." It wasn't a big pond, but it sure was fun! Once in awhile a frog or two (and even a snake) would show up!

    Does your Grandpa have fish in his pond? Some of this extra wildlife Love goldfish, if they're the "right size!" ;-)

    I'm sure you loved the sound of the water, too. I miss that when I'm outdoors playing in the garden.

    Beautiful garden! Pass that along to him. Thanks for sharing!

    A Kathy

    ps Bet you'll have better luck with your peony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-( oh......
    Hopefully he will come back, or maybe one of his friends will....

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger