Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love it

I started this new job in November. Too be honest, I have even more work to do now than I did before as I'm still working on a project from my old position.

However,
I don't hate going to work anymore
I really love the job I am doing
I work with people who actually want to be a team, help each other and build each other up
I have gotten a ton of great responses from people about how good I'm doing in the new job
I do miss my old position, just not the environment that surrounded it
I get to help people constantly - seems silly in the work I do, but when people want something, they want it now. Kinda fun to deliver.

And,
I work days
I don't get up until 4:30 now (When I started this position it was 3:30)
I don't home at 2am when I work my regular shift
People are willing to cover for me so I can have time off
I get to be with Bradley every night
We get to eat dinner together 99% of the time
I have a mostly regular sleep schedule
We get to go to sleep at the same time
No sneaking in so not to wake the dogs and send off their barking at 1 or 2am
I can attend get-togethers on Fri, Sat and Sun, even if only for a little bit - big improvement over never getting to go, ever.
When people ask me if I hate working the weekends, I tell them "no way". It beats that crap schedule I was working.

When people ask me how I like my new job. I say "I love it"

1 comment:

  1. I can even affirm your post! I recently asked how you like your job and you said "I love it!" There you go! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger