Today Brad and I went to Kelly's office so I could get an adjustment at noon. Then we all trekked out in the whopping 7 degree weather (feeling like -2) to the Olive Garden for lunch. We caught up on everything we've been doing since the blizzard and about Kelly's adventure in buying a new car. She had an appointment at 2:30 at the car place.
She was feeling a little nervous about the process so I offerred up Bradley to go with her. :) Of course he did and I went home and attempted to finish my Christmas gift list....fairly successful, but only after Kelly and Brad got back and she gave me like 10 great ideas.
Then we headed to the Starbucks drive thru for a yummy, warm coffee. At this point it was now 2 degrees. After securing our warmth in a cardboard cup, we stopped at Scheels, scoped a new treadmill, got Kelly some warm wool socks, and grabbed a few Christmas gifts.
Of course, we weren't done yet. Then to Younkers for some shopping for her dad. I got Grandpa a couple of things and a few sweaters for myself. Living in Iowa means you have to step up the level of sweaters that you wear. The normal thin, sweaters do not cut it. You must go to the SWEATER section. Now, in this section is also where the horrible, ugly sweaters live, so you have to really comb through the section and find the ones that are warm and cozy without being ugly and over-frumpy.
Kelly asked the check out girl if she had any coupons and got herself 20% and then asked my check out guy if he had any, and got me 20% off - sweet.
Gotta love a deal, right, Kelly? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment