So we had a scaled back version instead. I had set the TiVo for all of the Christmas classics and started cooking after lunch time to the sounds of Clark Griswold hanging his Christmas lights. We made a turkey breast, green bean casserole, and I attempted sweet potatoes and homemade cranberry sauce for the first time (courtesy of the Thanksgiving cookbook from from William Sonoma that Tiff and J-rod gave me a few years ago...boy were they yummy! sauce and the potatoes, that is.
I invited a friend from work who just started about 3 weeks ago. She wasn't going home for Christmas and I could not allow her to spend her entire Christmas in a hotel. She came over for dinner and we subjected her to the movie Elf, which is always fun! Then after dinner we had a date with Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson.
We braved the ice and blowing snow to see the new movie Sherlock Holmes. We all loved it! Brad and I thought it was probably the best movie we had seen since The Dark Knight. I loved how they filmed some of the scenes and told the story...Guy Ritchie did a great job with it.
If you haven't seen it yet...it's definitely worth going to in the theatre.
After we finished the movie, we finished off the night with one last classic, the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol. It's probably my favorite version...
As for our Christmas decorations...Don't be surprised if you come to our house and the decorations are still up. It can't be Christmas without decorations...So up they will stay until Tiff is finished with her trip home. :)


Im so excited that the movie was good. I've been wanting to see it but Jordan thought it would be bad!
ReplyDeleteHave a merry christmas when it gets here!
oh he will like it!
ReplyDelete