Dad got tickets to a small wine festival in Grundy last night (by the way, I still owe you for those!). We drove over quick after work. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Hunter, Ian, Brad and I headed to the farmer's market and the wine festival. We tasted a few wines and bought a couple of bottles...then we headed to Pizza Hut for dinner.
It was fun to hang out with Hunter and Ian for dinner...they crack me up. I was thinking the whole time they were being silly, I wish I could remember all the funny things they are saying so I could blog them for Jessica like Becky does with her kids. Unfortunately, after work, my brain is mush!
On the way home from Grundy, we stopped to see my grandpa in Gladbrook for a bit. I called him earlier in the day to let him know we were coming, but it would be late. That too was cute. When we got there he was sitting up at the front waiting for us. He told the nurses we were coming to visit him and made sure that they didn't close at 8pm because we were supposed to be there around 730 and he wanted to make sure we could get in. He was so excited to see us and was in such good spirits. (by the way, Melissa, when you read this he LOVED your father's day card). He moved rooms yesterday, to be with a roommate who isn't mobile in the night. The nurses always have to check on his roomie so it wakes him up. And they have gotten to know how much he loves the outdoors, so they put his bed by the window. They got him a better mattress to try and help him sleep better. They up'd his pain meds a bit because his ribs were really hurting, but while we were there, he said he didn't have any pain....I think that's what was helping his his spirit.
He was excited to see us, because he knows my work schedule is going to be a little crazy for a while, so he wasn't really expecting us for a bit. We are going back over on Sunday, since we will be in Virginia next week. Here's to hoping his spirits are just as good. :)

I have tried three times to get this posted don't know what if going on.
ReplyDeleteI am saying good luck and to have tons of fun in doing your race you will do just fine. After all when we need to the adrenenlin does kick in. YOu will do just fine.
Just hope it is not going to be too hot though.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo