So, I ended up having to walk parts of this race. That's a tad frustrating because I felt great after the last couple of days (I really focused on getting my body ready this time). I would have smoked the My Waterloo Days time I logged a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, I learned some new things leading up to this race and can improve for next time -- that's what it's all about, right?
This was Dad's first 5k. He walked with some friends from Grundy. He had been logging 3 miles in 50-55 minutes -- He finished in under 55 minutes!
the fire department ran in full gear, changing out tanks a couple of times. This is right a the finish line.
here i come
here comes Dad.

wasn't it a perfect day for a race?!? and those firemen beat me by 30 seconds. i'm a sorry excuse for a "runner"! :)
ReplyDeletethanks for commenting on my blog!