To Mom and Dad who made a donation to the jingle bell race....for 2 reasons....
1). Because of your unwavering support of my quest to be like Forrest Gump..Ok, not really like him, exactly, but you have been so supportive, even all the way from IA! You never, ever told me not to do anything because my asthma would slow me down or because of my asthma I couldn't do the same things as other people. You may have been nervous about it, but I never knew...I only suspected when Dad would chew me out if I forgot to take my inhaler somewhere :) I should have had it surgically attached! I played sports all through high school (maybe not well, but that's a different story!) and even when I added a few more medical conditions to my medical portfolio as I've gotten older, you've been nothing but encouraging. I never ever thought I would be a runner (I still don't actually classify myself as one...maybe when I hit the one year mark) but for me, the races give me a goal and therefore I HAVE to make room in my life to log some run time.
2). You reminded me of Aunt Marlys...My mom's aunt Marlys was badly stricken with arthritis, especially in her hands. She passed away right after I moved to college and I remember being so sad because we used to laugh a lot when we were at her house. And we would get to run around on their big property...Her death left a gap in our family. What a great person to remember as I train for this one.

1. Supporting our children to become the best they can has always been the top parental goal for us. Although we were nervous, we vowed never to let you know, but support you during any sport you played.
ReplyDelete2. I miss her alot too.