Monday, November 3, 2008

Race thank yous!!

I have several BIG thank yous to dish out:

Tiff V
Mom & Dad
Nikki
Aunt Kathy
--for choosing to make a donation to a great cause in an economically stressful time when every dollar counts (more than it ever has)

Lisa
Leanne
Mike
Tana
--for braving the chilly weather & joining me in running this race

Dene
--for surprising us at the finish line & hugging me while i cried -- it was indescribable to see you there!

Lisa
--for continuing to get up at the crack of dawn & run....you motivate me like no one else...you're a beast!

Bradley
--for being our professional photographer

Bradley
Tiff V
Jenni
Tana
Lisa
--for constantly encouraging me...especially when i wasn't encouraging myself

One Tree family
--for cheering me on before the finish line

Today the professional pictures came out from the race...one was a great action photo.... :) http://gallery.triduo.com/p/coming_back_quarter_mile_race_for_breath_2008/1657-0367-9693-bac36

Today people asked me how I did in the race. I couldn't help but express my excitement. I want to remember for a very long time the feeling that I got after I saw Tana, Ryan, and Hanah near the finish line. I smiled at them and then looked up toward the finish line....I could not believe my eyes. I saw the clock and it said 37 minutes and was clicking towards 38...I was overcome with emotion and as I crossed the finish line I was crying...Even though I ran the whole time, I did not expect to improve my time as much as I did. It was one of the best moments of my life and I don't want to forget it.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of it.

Yesterday I went to the Dismal Swamp Trail with Ryan, Tana, and Hanah. Ryan and Tana are training for a 1/2 marathon and wanted to do their long run. So I walked 4 miles on the trail pushing & talking to Hanah while they ran for 8 miles...It helped my body recover I think, but dang have I been sore the past 2 days....



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you think I motivate you to run, but having you drive to my house at 5:15 am for those Tues/Thurs runs also helped motivate me .... so thank you! If you wouldn't have suggested this race, I never would have started running, and now Mike and I are doing the Shamrock 8K ... care to join us?? XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger