Sunday, January 6, 2013

THE Call, er, E-mail!

Sorry I am a little late in updating, but man the holidays are busy and fun! I was trying as hard as I possibly could to be patient during our 15 day wait for the appeals process to be over. I didn't hear anything on day 15 and then on day 16, I emailed the social worker. We exchanged a couple of messages and then she said she couldn't stand not knowing and called one of the lawyers. The lawyer indicated there would be NO appeal and

WE GET TO ADOPT THE KIDS!

I was the only one home, trying to take advantage of cleaning and organizing. I BAWLED. Then I texted Bob - I promised him when he was like 6 that he would be the first one to know when I got pregnant. Since that didn't happen, this was the next best thing! Then I called Brad and my sisters and parents and then my immediate village who has  been so important in our adventure.

So we got to enjoy Christmas as a family (insert huge smile) and none of this was weighing on my shoulders. It was wonderous.

In mid-January we will switch to an adoption social worker who will help us pick a date in February to go to court and then,  BAM. We are officially, officially, 100% , totally, completely OFFICIAL!

We have to wait until after the first week of February as the kids have to live with you 6 months before you can adopt, but so glad that isn't too far away.

I am working on a Shutterfly site where you can go see the kids as soon as this is complete. I will likely not post much on Facebook because I can control who accesses the Shutterfly site.

Also the kids are so excited that they get to change their name to Dellit...It's the cutest thing ever.

5 comments:

  1. I told you mom the other day that I feel like my heart is as big as it can be without exploding for you guys! We're gonna pack that courtroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited to see a family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fantastic news! So incredibly happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah!!! This is wonderful and so touches the heart to know how excited the children are. This is truly as it should be. Love and hugs! AK

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger