Friday, November 19, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1

Copied from my sister's blog. 30 days of blogging with assigned topics for each day.

DAY 1... Introduce, recent picture and 15 interesting facts...

Introduce:
Everyone reading this should know me. If not, I guess you'll learn through this 30 days.
This picture is from my little sister's wedding in October. My sisters and I are not often together in the same place, but when we are it's like we pick up where we left off the last time. This time it included singing obnoxiously to favorite songs and drinking champagne to calm wedding jitters. It's never a dull moment with the three of us around. And in case you are wondering, we are singing the last notes of "More Than Words" by Extreme.

15 Facts: (I'm pretty sure most of these aren't news and there are certainly more)
#1 I'm a Scorpio. If you understand what that means, it usually explains most of me. :) I can be intense, I have passion for many things and people in my life, and I can have an unrelenting drive. I tend to dominate and control at times. I like things they way I want them, when I want them, and I want them now. I can be aggressive and unpredictable. My aggression can be channeled to fight for something I truly believe in. I can be my best friend and a lot of times my own worst enemy. I judge myself to harshly and hold others to the standards I have for myself. Most of these things sound negative, but when it comes to standing up for myself, others, or causes, they can come in quite handy.

#2 I love the Dallas Cowboys. If you hate them, I don't care. I have heard every joke about Tony Romo, our former jailbird players, T.O. the cryer, and how bad we are. But I don't care. It's like a marriage. For better or worse.

#3 I want to retire to a beach. There is nothing like the sound of the ocean. I miss living by the ocean and could lay around listening to the water and reading a book all day long.

#4 Someday I would love to have a motorcycle. I don't need or want anything fancy...A Ninja would do nicely. I just want to ride it around and feel the open road.

#5 I am fairly sure I have ADD. After reading a book about it, it pretty much explains my adult life. I have modified some things in my life to minimize the impact I have on others and I try not to get distracted too much, oh, look something shiny...

#6 I love celebrating my birthday. Not because I'm a narcissist, but because I think making it one year more through this crazy life is something to be proud of and celebrated. I don't look at is as I'm a year older, I look at is as celebrating the year that has passed.

#7 Music feeds my soul. I love being entertained. I love when songs apply to things in your life and car singing and dancing can be cathartic. One of my favorite sounds in the world is a rock guitar.

#8 I wish I made more time to be an "outdoorsy" person. I do love being outdoors, a passion that deepened when I worked for a landscape company one summer. It's so much easier to appreciate nature, the foliage, and the animals that roam around in the wild.

#9 I love traveling and exploring. It feeds my soul to be with Bradley in some new place we've never been, exploring the heritage, history, culture, and quirks of an area.

#10 I am terrified of child birth. I hate pain. Hate it, hate it. I am a total chicken. I have had visions of not being able to have drugs and what that would feel like. It makes me want to pass out before I even have a bun in the oven.

#11 There is a slight addiction to Guitar Hero in our house. Let's just say it's not Brad's addiction. I played it once and hated it. I don't really like many video games. I played it a second time, which was a Metallica song that I made it all the way through. We finally bought it and though I don't get to play it much, it makes me very happy when I do.

#12 I have a passion for Human Rights. I am an LGBT advocate and an anti-racism advocate. I recently joined a local coalition to help remove racism in our area.

#13 I'm a ditz. I'm clumsy, I forget things, I spill alot. And my husband smiles each time. He's never surprised when I do something stupid. And he's so nice for embracing my quirks and not making fun of me (usually).

#14 Counseling is a girl's best friend. After Brad's mom died, we went through quite the roller coaster. After 7 years of being able to get along fairly effortlessly with my best friend and husband, we found ourselves dealing with life situations we have never encountered and dialed up a counselor a friend used. I still go occasionally and it's the best way to navigate life. It's unbelievably invaluable to have someone who is outside the situation, yet gunning for your best interests. It saves marriages, people, and sanity.

#15 As much as I don't want to, I seriously love TV. My TiVo is like my 5th best friend. Law & Order, Real Housewives, House, all kinds of real life crime investigation shows, The Biggest Loser, Oprah, music shows, and many other things you will find on my TiVo at any given moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger