Ever since then, we have been total buddies. Even after 2.5 years, whenever I come home, he acts like he hasn’t seen me in days and is so excited. When Brad hears me come home, he says “is that mommy” and Sammy goes crazy barking.
Whenever I’m sick, he always curls up next to me. Whenever I have a bad day or am upset, he heads to my side of the bed and wants to sit on my lap. (When I’m not upset, he starts on Brad’s but eventually ends up with me).
It’s so nice to come home after a long or crummy day and see Sammy jumping around and all excited because I’m home. He sits on the side of the bed next to the bathroom and just stares as I brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. Brad said when I went to Laura’s for a few days, Sammy sat on my pillow waiting for me. If he happens to be in his kennel when I come home, he makes this cute whining little bark, one time, because he wants to get out and give me kisses. If he is trying to give me love, and Sophie tries to intervene, he play growls at her and plays like he’s going to bite her long nose. It’s like he’s half serious, half not. “I’m play growling, but you’d better back off!” His new enemy is the Guitar Hero guitar. He wants to sit on my chest while I play. He insists I find room for him on my lap even if I am going to play for a few songs.
He is such a wonderful little dog…he has been everything I ever wanted in a little buddy. He just makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment