The reasons why my trip to Laura’s this past “weekend” was fabulous.
- I got to catch up with Laura and we had ALOT of catching up to do.
- Getting to meet Ella and Christian – I have met them before, but only for like 5 minute intervals. Getting to know their personalities was so great!
- We drove an hour and 40 minutes one way to go to DSM to Sex And The City 2
- We went to Coldstone
- We spent our 3 hours in the car doing all of the catching up
- I got a hug from the kids whenever I left the house – too cute
- Their dog, Jessie. Wonderful, well-mannered, great dog
- Hanging out in the back yard with the kids in the pool
- Jeremy and the kids took me to their favorite ice cream place while Laura was at a meeting
- Laura introduced me to new wine from a local winery
- Our trip to the store for milk turned into a trip for milk and 3 bottles of wine.
- I had to take a detour on the way there and got to pass through a few super small towns – I love that.
- I got to taste a pineapple patty – yum!
- I spent part of my drive to Ottumwa catching up with Lisa…FINALLY!
- Jeremy said Laura hadn’t stayed up that late since they had been married.
- We stopped at a very yummy bakery in Pella
- I learned just how Dutch Pella is…how did I not know this?
- Brad’s aunt and uncle live only 25 minutes away so I got to spent some time with them!
- I got to see Aunt K’s shady garden.finally!
- I got to meet cousin Cheryl’s kids because they were staying with Aunt K and Uncle P
- The road trip home involved times of windows down, radio up, and loud singing
- Time away and a break in routine is always a great thing
- We already started making plans to get together again. Soon.
I don’t have my pictures uploaded from my phone yet – I’ll get to that this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment