Friday, July 20th
I started out the day at Bryant Park at the Good Morning America concert series. John Mayer was playing and when I got there, I found out that Eric Clapton was going to play, too.!

The GMA concert set

John Mayer

Chris Cuomo & Robin Roberts

John Mayer & Eric Clapton
After GMA, we continued the double decker bus tour through Manhattan and Brooklyn. If you ever go to NYC and have no idea what to see...Take this tour...you see everything, and then can go back to things you'd like if you want. It's a great way to see tons of things quickly so you can really spend time at the sites you want to see.

MTV studio where they have TRL

Madison Square Garden

Empire State Building

Little Korea - for Tana & Ryan!

hmmmm..didn't go in here, but sure looks interesting, doesn't it?

Flat Iron Building...Very cool...in lots of movies and in Sex and the City sometimes

St. Vincent's Hospital..Where lots of 9/11 wounded were taken.

Across the street from St. Vincent's...Tiles for America.

Tiles for America started on 9/11...People would post pictures of their loved ones here since it was right across from the hospital. When the weather would start to ruin the posters, some school children started turning them into tiles to remember the lost...they don't get ruined in the weather...very humbling site to see.

Another Mecca of mine...the giant Adidas store!

For you Harry Potter buffs..this was outside the Scholastic store the day Harry Potter came out...there was a line of people already and the night bus stopped by!

The courthouse...where all of those famous moments of Law & Order happen...when Jack McCoy and all his folk walk out of the courthouse.

Us at guess where....the Staten Island Ferry!

Guess who!

Taking a picture of ourselves in the reflective building...Can you find us?? Clue...Brad has on a yellow shirt...I'm the dork with the camera.

Across from the Brooklyn library...On Law & Order, they show this a lot when they are in Brooklyn on the show.

Hours and counting..H P and the Deathly Hallows comes out!!!!

The UN...we just missed the flags..they had just closed.

Trump World Tower

The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The flags that are flown represent the countries of the dignitaries that stay there.

At Rockefeller Center...Since there is no Christmas in July...you get "Where the Christmas tree stands" in July

Self-Portrait in Rockefeller Center...The gold statue behind us is on the beginning of Saturday Night Live..Do I look like I've been wind blown on a bus all day???
While at Rockefeller Center, we went to the NBC studios... We went to the set of Saturday Night Live...VERY COOL! We also saw Brian Williams from the Nightly News

Radio City Music Hall

1 Times Square..In the daylight this time.
After all of this fun, Bradley and I spent our last night in NYC together at dinner...Then I didn't want the fun to end, so he went to bed...I went wandering around Times Square...there is just so much happening there at night....Then I went to the Virgin Mega Recordstore and they announced that Harry Potter was coming out in 1 hour...So when the clock was ready to strike miidnight, I got in line and got my Harry Potter book at 1202am! History in the making...now mind you, I have only read 1 book and seen 4 of the 5 movies....so I'm nowhere near ready to read the last book...BUT I was part of history and that was fun!
I even turned from the Today show to GMA to watch that John Mayer concert just for you... but didn't get to see you :(
ReplyDeleteWhat? No Kink? I am so disappointed. That seems like the ideal place for Brad and Andrea, oh yeah, and Brad's Dad!
ReplyDelete