Since returning from NYC, I have been trying to catch up on a lot of things. There is much organization to finish around the house...(I'm on a year long quest to purge anything we don't use on a semi-frequent basis...That is still coming along...however, there is still scrap booking to be done...I took a class a while back so there is there a lot of picture organizing (and throwing out -- on on my Top 100 list..."Throw out the bad pictures"....it's easier than I thought.
There is also home improvements to be completed...the downstairs still needs crown molding attention (needs chalked, sanded and painted), there are nail holes that have been patched and need painting and the doors need painting; The bathroom floors need sealed (Brad and his dad just tiled them), a border needs put up, there is paint touch up to do in the bathrooms, and the FROG (fourth room over the garage) needs painted and our sports paraphernalia needs hung up. Not to mention, Sammy still needs walked, fed and cuddled, laundry needs done, Brad and I cram in time together and oh yeah, we should eat and sleep in there somewhere. {And people ask why we haven't gotten around to getting pregnant?}
Somehow, in all of this, I have managed to finish a book, a good one, that Ryan lent me a hundred years ago-ok, in December. It's one of those books you should finish in a weekend, but I have read 20 pages here and there and finally finished it...It's "The Lost Continent-Travels In Small Town America". The author, Bill Bryson, is originally from Iowa and moves back to the US from England and drives across the entire country just for sport, starting in Iowa. He is hilarious! It's such a funny book, very light-hearted and he is so descriptive (like about people he makes fun of) you can just see it through his eyes! Read it if you get the chance.
Then, well, there are several movies out Brad and I want to see -- We are kind of cheap and don't see movies in theatres much since they charge you an arm and a leg---But there are several out we want to see and would see in the theatre. But we have this disease, you see, well, maybe it's just mine. If I'm going to see a sequel, then I have to re-watch the movies leading up to it...So, we're finished with Oceans 11 and 12 and can now see 13. Die Hard is out...don't need to see all of those...seen them 50 times....The Bourne Ultimatum...Haven't re-watched the first 2 yet. Then there's Harry Potter....
We watched the first Harry Potter movie last year just to see what the fuss was about and got HOOKED. We watched all 4 right in a row and couldn't wait for the 5th. Well, it came out last month and we've re-watched the first 2. Then there's the books...never read any of them (Check out my NYC day 6 when I post it-I was part of history). So now, I think I'll start the first HP book. I've heard they are great and now that I've seen the movies, I bet they will be even better because we know the characters so well. It really is an obsession.
Then there's People magazine. Tiffany and I have a deal...I buy her the subscription for her birthday every year and she would let me have them to read when she was done...Well now, she lives in Georgia. However, given that she understands my addiction to this magazine, she still sends me them every several weeks...So I've been catching up on that, too.
So around here, lots of catching up going on (now that I think about it, it could be because the TiVo is down for a while - the hard drives went out and Brad is replacing them). The rest of the week has in store: printing pictures for scrap booking the trip to NYC, stripping the border off the wallpaper in the FROG, painting that room on Saturday, starting Harry Potter's first book, finishing the laundry and this week's movies from Netflix are Cold Mountain and Mystic River. Both depressing, I hear, but I let the list pick them - I didn't choose, just letting it send me whatever is on my list. Except today I cheated...I have watched seasons 1-4 of Sex and the City and I'm ready to conquer 5, so I moved that one to send me next...oh well, after visiting NYC, I want to see more of it! Somewhere in there I will sleep, eat, and go to work...It's a great week.
Hope yours is great, too!
Love,
A

busy busy BUSY.
ReplyDeletewe should try to squeeze in game night sometime though!!!