Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Love, Mommy Andrea

Dear Sweet Pea,

It's hard to believe that I only met you 49 days ago - You only officially moved into our house 2 weeks ago tomorrow - And tomorrow I am sending you off to your first day of school.

You have been a joy in our lives in this short time: You are full of fun, wonder, and giggles. You love to color, have books read to you, play with your brother, have your hair done, repeat stories from books, call Brad "Daddy Braddy" and me "Mommy Andrea", sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Itsy Bitsy Spider when I am snuggled up with you at bedtime.

You love to blow bubbles, play barbies, play with Dani, turn on your latern or night light at bedtime, play with Sammy & Sophie, announce to me in your best authoritative voice: "There's dog poop over here! Sammy, that's disgusting!"  You love to matter-of-factly report when your brother is doing something he shouldn't be and remind me when I ask you lots of questions at dinner time: "I have to concentrate on eating!" and in the mornings ask me for approval "I wasn't pokey today was I?" You love to ask "Are we in a hurry today?"  and "I did a good job, didn't I?". I totally love that after I asked you "are you leaving me hanging" after dis-ing me during a high-five request, that now you sometimes tell us "leaving you hanging!!" for hugs, kisses, high-fives and other affections. That laugh, that huge belly laugh with the giant grin. I can hardly handle how wonderful it is....

I love tonight when you were done with your shower and were giggling with your towel on your head and I said "Why is that towel SO giggly?" and you raised it up, with the biggest smile on your face and said "It's ME, SILLY!" and you laughed so hard. And tonight when you joked that I couldn't drop you off at school tomorrow with Brad, so I said you were going to have walk the 3 miles home and you said "No! You're picking me up!".  And how you loved your first pita from Pita Pit tonight. For the record, it was turkey and provolone with lettuce and honey mustard.

Tonight seeing you play in your Kindergarten room was short but sweet - I love how excited you are for this day. I could tell you were a bit nervous even though you didn't say it.

I don't know what the future holds for you, your brother, or us. But I feel honored to be your "mommy" on your first day of Kindergarten.

Love,
mommy andrea

10 comments:

  1. ::tears:: this is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. (((Hugs))) to you all tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Christy-*tears* Couldn't possibly be more happy for you and your little ones! Make sure to take pictures tomorrow for her first day of school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'm Anonymous, Andrea (Joyce)- don't know how to do this...
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - that's ok - You can always comment under Anonymous if you don't have a blogger account and just put your name in the comment. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Andrea, This was the most wonderful "essay/post!" I found myself grinning from ear-to-ear. Life isn't going to be easy (do you already know that? ha), but when you move forward with the JOY that you've already experienced... well, Just know we're thrilled, proud, happy and in LOVE with the fact that you two are in love with your children. (Daddy Brad and Mommy Andrea!)
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger