Then finally Sunday morning we left for the Cedar Rapids airport. All was well until Brad forgot that he had water in his water bottle and he got pulled aside at security. Then he had to follow the lady to the bathroom and dump out the water and then go back through security.
We bought the kids stuffed Iowa corn cobs (I can only find them at the airport) and our flight took off on time.
Good Morning, Paris
We got to Minneapolis and found a restaurant that served organic and vegan food - I couldn't believe it! Then we found a place to exchange some dollars for Euros and waited for our plane.
The plane took off on time at 4pm and our ride was 8 hours and 5 minutes. During the flight, the movies and TV were amazing. They had a Kurt Cobain documentary, a Coldplay concert, and a U2 documentary. That's pretty much what I watched and I slept for like maybe 2 hours. We landed in Paris as the sun was coming up and made it through the fairly confusing airport quickly...But at security, I got the pat down after setting off the metal detector, even though I had no metal...weird.
When we got to Germany it was 11am so there was no sleeping. We got settled and then went to eat dinner - SCHNITZEL! Then we picked daffodils out of a field, went for a walk in the woods by Mike and Lisa's house down a gianormous hill...and to the park where they introduced us to the tire swing. There should have been 3 adults and 3 kids here. But no, it was really 6 kids. 3 of us were just taller than the others. We are going to miss Mike entirely because he is in DC this week for work - Boo.


No comments:
Post a Comment