Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Things I Will Never Live Without

As long as we have little people in our house, I have found some of the things we will now never live without.

First: Coffee. Tea. Yummy chocolate treats. Margaritas. Wine. Great friends & family. I don't know what I ever did to have such wonderful people in my life. :)

Second: Things I will buy people who are about to have kids. I know every kid is different, but I might in a mental institution if not for the gradual discovery of these simple yet totally effective inventions. Almost all of my readers have kids, so this won't be news to you, so may this be a post that I can save and break out when one of my friends have their first kiddo. If you have any others, please let me know!


The rainforest jumpie. I put an APB out on Facebook one of the first days we had the kiddos for a walker. I put little brother on his stomach and he went crazy kicking his arms and legs. I thought, we have to get this kid something to stand in. My friend Sean called within 30 or 45 minutes and said they had this that they would sell us. I immediately agreed. Amanda arrived within the hour with it. Little brother LOVED it. He actually gets ticked if he doesn't get in it fast enough at certain times of the day. A few times I have looked twice to check the integrity of it, because I thought he was going to jump it into collapsing!



 The baby einstein kit. Charity and Dave gave this to the kiddos for Christmas. The board books stacked in the bottom left hand corner have resulte in FOUR bedtimes in a row with no tantrums for big sister. After reading how much toddlers like to have some control over their life, I let her take one to bed and set her down on her bum versus making her lay down.

Oh, this chair. I saw it at Target and thought...This would be good to help him sit up and not fall over. Beautiful. He loves to play on it, grab things from the floor. She loves to play on it. And it can be useful as a high chair later.


Gloworm, Heart Glow Baby. Taggie,  You make bedtime unsucky. I love you. There's nothing more I can say. The End.

Tana, you're a saint. The author of this book is a saint. Learning how the mind of a toddler works pretty much saved my sanity. LOVE.

9 comments:

  1. We have the rainforest jumparoo too! Tate LOVED it and the baby loves it too! Have you heard of the Praise Baby DVD's? Not sure how old your kiddos are, but we LOVE them. Children love them and the music isn't obnoxious...in fact, it's really nice to listen to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning a lot... and have special people to help out! :-) Looking forward to seeing you all soon. heart! AK

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair is pretty darn cool! Those kid/baby inventors get to have such fun, I'm sure! Sounds like you and Brad are doing great. Glad the book is helping out. I think it has lessons for sorting out other things, like the minds of adolescents and husbands, too. ;) I find myself channeling my inner cavewoman quite a bit actually. Love and miss you and CAN NOT wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried to post and it disappeared. Not sure what happened. You might get two very similar comments from me. That chair is pretty cool! Every few years, new things come out that make me wish they'd been around when ours were little. I'm sure I'll still be saying that when the kids are having kids. Glad you like the book. I still channel my inner cavewoman. It also comes in handy for interpreting the minds of adolescents and husbands at times, too. Love and miss you guys and CANNOT wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I have been so out of the loop it's not even funny! I just read your blog and caught up and all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS! You and Brad continue to amaze me and I am sure you're a phenomenal Mom!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. BFF!! I am FINALLY catching up! I am SO excited to read about all your adventures with baby boy and baby girl. Amazing!!!! I am so happy for you both. Much love comin' atcha from Arizona! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why would I think you might have time to blog??? ha! How are things going? AK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now why would I think you would have time to blog??? ha. How are things going?? AK

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tana - The book has been great. I haven't read the whole thing, but have read chunks. Wonderful.

    @Tiff - Thank you. :) Love you.

    @Aunt K - Omg. I need like 36 hours in each day!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger