I know a lot of you have probably seen the new show or at least the commercials for Up All Night. And most of you are parents can can relate to the show. I find it hilarious and found myself and Brad in the show even before our most recent life changing day.
You know I can't say much about what is going on in our house right now, but what I will say is this....Two weeks ago tomorrow, we picked up two bundles after visiting them the Saturday before. One is 18 months and one is 7 months. For most of the last two weeks I have felt like the characters in this picture! It's been a great two weeks, but very challenging for sure.
We have had several visitors, calls, texts, and emails which have been incredibly fulfilling. Not only do they keep me motivated while we are transitioning, it is unbelievable how supportive our friends and family are. We couldn't have survived the last 2 weeks without our "village" of people nearby who have helped, dropped off meals, supplies, and toys. They have been SO helpful and the meals, delicious!
I can say is little boy and sweet girl are adjusting well and each day gets easier as we figure out our newest normal. And our workplaces have been so supportive as well.
We aren't sure how long we will have these little house guests, but we'll enjoy them while they are with us.
I'll post some of my favorite moments soon, but wanted to post an update for now.
Hope you are all having a great holiday season and get to enjoy the holidays with some of your favorite people. Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, and Happy Hanukkah!


Congratulations on your new additions. We've been going through the restless/adjustment sleeping/no sleeping issues here with my 19 month old niece (plus add in jetlag to the new location wariness). After a week or so, they should be fine. Excited to hear about all your new learning experiences. They always make for great stories :)
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations for inviting these youngsters into your home and providing love and nurturing days and nights! You ALL will be blessed! :-)
ReplyDelete