Thursday, August 25, 2011

So live like you'll never live it twice

This week I attended the funeral of a 9 year old little boy who was killed in a boating accident on Eagle Lake. He was the son of a friend I work with. It was the most sad yet uplifting funeral I have ever attended. While it was horrendously sad for his family whose pain is unfathomable, the entire service was dedicated to being a celebration of his life and the blessings he brought to all of those who knew him. He was fun, full of life, and always on the go. That's the way his family wanted the service to be.

During the service, they played a wonderful slide show of pictures from his life and played several songs as a back drop. Nickelback's If Today Was Your Last Day came on. This is one of my favorite songs. I decided long ago to live my life with no regrets and go full speed ahead. While I know I work a lot and I miss out on things I don't want to, I try hard to make up for it when I can. And one side effect of working a lot is meeting a lot of great people who have become life long friends.

Though I only know this little boy's family, this tragedy served as yet another reinforcement of how Brad and I choose to live our life. As the song says "So live like you'll never live it twice". So use the good dishes, drink the good wine, and live everyday with no regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger