Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dre-cation Day 1

To reward myself all that I have been working the last 5 months, I took a 12 day hiatus from work. Because I work on the weekends, taking only 4 days off over the course of two weeks, actually gets me 12 days away from work.

I am calling it a "Dre-cation" (and not a staycation or vacation) because it's about doing things for myself. All of the projects I was working on are near roll-out and are on pause until I get back, my trainee is off an running and it's time for much needed break. So I'm off to do fun things, relax, hang out with cool people and to do things around the house I have been wishing I had the time to do.

Tuesday was Day 1:
Acupuncture & an adjustment at Kelly's.
Barnes & Noble - bought several cool things
Lunch w/Kelly's at Applebee's - Where I downed one of these Perfect Margaritas. (I am rather snobby when it comes to taste testing margaritas. This is one of the best at a chain restaurant)


I did have to shore up a presentation for Wednesday afternoon (I canceled all my meetings for 12 days, except one.)

And that was the end of Day 1. Ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger