- Random updates are my favorite.
- Luckily over the past 2 weeks I have not had a 3rd bathroom incident...Well, unless you count when one of our hot water heaters went out at work and having to tell 200 people they have to use the bathrooms at the back of the building. Yeah, I think I'll count that one.
- I am starting to feel a little better. Focus and concentration are back. Other symptoms are still around, but I feel like they are easing up ever so slowly. I think in a couple of weeks, I'll be this girl:

- I'm going to cut myself a break and not run in my first 5k until the last part of April. I'm really busy. I'm healing. No need to overdo it, although I am VERY excited about getting back into my running routine. I feel like for the first time in 2 years, I have the energy available to do it.
- The stories out of Japan are breaking my heart. I cannot imagine the horror of the earthquake or the tsunami. And now to have to flee because of radiation? I can't even get my mind around it.
- I will be working a lot the next couple of weeks to finish some work projects. Then I go to HQ the week of the 28th and then....I can breathe!
- I really do love March Madness. I don't follow much college basketball the rest of the year, but I love the bracket, upsets and the excitement!
- Sometimes deaths of people I don't even know deeply affect me and I'm not sure why. Most people know I'm a music junkie (no pun intended here) and Alice In Chains is a favorite band of mine. They recently lost their original bass player to addiction and his best friend, the lead singer died in 2002 from addiction, too. I knew this group was riddled with this illness, a lot of their songs brilliantly express their plight. I watched Mike Starr on Celebrity Rehab and bawled my eyes out when he talked about Layne's death. For someone to be so tortured inside because of guilt carried around for so many years is something a person truly doesn't deserve. I bawled even harder when Layne's mom came to treatment to support him and his mom and talked about Layne's death. How heart wrenching. Mike was recently on a reunion show and had been sober for 6 months. I was truly surprised he was there and looking so good. I was really pulling for him. Last week he died. I have been thinking about it a lot. About his mother, his family, who were on the show talking about how hard it was to live with an addict. Celebrity or not, families do not deserve to go through it. May your souls rest in peace.


- I am extremely intrigued by people. Most of the TV that I do watch is about real people...48 hours Mystery, Celebrity Apprentice, Heavy, Biggest Loser, Beyond Scared Straight, etc. I watch them all because I am intrigued by people, their behavior, and others reactions. Everyone has a story and I love hearing about it.
- This is going to be a fantastic summer. We already have tickets to see U2. YAY!! And Brad's favorite band, the Foo Fighters, will be in Council Bluffs in May. These are bands we have been wanting to see for nearly a decade. (maybe more). I can't even explain how much I love music. How much I love concerts. Singing along to my favorite songs and feeding off the energy of a crowd. I love it.
- Our application to be adoptive parents is turned in! I'm waiting on a return call from our recruiter to see what next steps are. We are getting really excited!
- I have the best husband ever. I didn't get a chance to post on Valentine's Day, but he has been so supportive through this rough two years. He really is my best friend.
- We had a great little conversation the other day. About how we are much less hung up on how a little one comes into our lives, just as long as we can give a home and love to a precious little soul.
I thought I had alot more to say, but that appears to be it for now.
- My sister's kids are seriously the cutest. My parents stopped over last week with Hunter and Ian and they were so excited. I can't wait until Hunter's spring break so they can stay at my house!

You really do have a wonderful husband! (Is that some sort of prejudice showing?) ha. Keep us "posted!" :-) Love, AK
ReplyDelete