“Amanda” by Boston
At the risk of sounding, as they say “Holier than thou”, I’m going to be thankful yet again for how I live my life. The entire time Brad and I have been together, I wouldn’t let us go to bed mad at each other. We have always said “I love you, drive careful” to each other before leaving for work (yes, I know that’s no grammatically correct
). One of the worst things I can think of is having someone close to you die and you didn’t get to tell them what you wanted, or that the last thing you said was unkind. So, always a hug, I love you, or whatever is appropriate for a given relationship when I walk away from an encounter.
I found out today a friend I used to work with at AFFINA passed away suddenly over the weekend. Lonnie was a fun, funny guy who, while appearing quiet to other people, was quite the trouble maker. My friend Tiffy H and Lonnie were very good friends and we used to laugh our butts off. Each time we came back to Iowa and visited AFFINA, we would always stop to see Lonnie and talk with him for a few minutes. I feel so bad for those who still worked with him. They are just devastated.
About 2 weeks ago, a colleague I worked with at night at Target in Virginia passed away — he was 32. So sad. The obituary was less than informative, almost appearing intentionally without info. No one can seem to find out what happened, other than he died in his sleep. He had cancer in his mid 20s, so we can only speculate it came back. I just laugh when I think about him. He endlessly cracked us up. Second shift was a fun, fun place with Patrick in the house.
Today’s just another one of those days where I am thankful that I live my life to the fullest, trying to cram in as much fun and quality as I can (and trying to make room for more); and also thankful that I don’t have regrets about the relationships in my life.
RIP friends – I hope you are cracking people up, where ever you are.

No comments:
Post a Comment