I turned on Friday’s Oprah while making breakfast this morning. And guess who was on? You guessed it. He has a new movie coming out – sweet. Could the start to the summer be better? I need mindless fun to keep my non-serious side pumped up. This is why I love movies. For that 2 hours, I just get engrossed in the story and believe that whatever I am watching is possible. If it’s a true story, I watch like it’s the first time I have heard the story.
So let’s be real. I started drooling over him as Maverick, because let’s face it, he was smoking hot in that movie. So why do I keep that lovin’ feeling? So, obviously I don’t actually know him, but you get an idea of how people in the public eye actually are as people. Sure, is there a pubic image that they craft, of course. But people you work with talk. And people talk about him. And interviews do tell a lot about people. He is passionate about his family, his work, people in general and he’s funny. This was clear again in the interview I just watched.
Also. I am a very loyal person. When he started talking about Scientology, everyone thought he was weird and people started bailing off the Tom bus. So I don’t agree with everything Scientology, but he was still my favorite actor. He has opinions and convictions and he doesn’t waver. That is one of things I value most in people. When he was couch jumping about his new love. Weird? May a little. But he’s funny and passionate. And I though it was great. More people bailing off the Tom bus. Not me. After people got off the bus, I moved closer to the front.

The interview I just watched made me smile, made me laugh, made me want to watch his movies all afternoon. It made my day.
I always say that I am entertained by little things. I hope I always am. I love giggling like a little kid.

What a fun start to a Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment