Friday, April 2, 2010

Fertility


Warning: Posts related to “Fertility” contain more than you would ever want to know about my reproductive organs, among other things. Oh, and there might be profanity. :) And no, I’m not pregnant.
So you know that point after you are married, before you even sit down at the reception and people ask you when you are going to have kids? Well, we passed that.
Have you been at that point about a year in and people ask so, come on, when are you going to have kids? Come and gone.
How about 3 or 4 years in when people are saying, come on already, what are you waiting for? Yeah, that phase is long over. This was also, “wow! are you pregnant? No, that’s just where I have gained my weight. Uncomfortable silence” phase.
Around years 5 and 6, people ask if you are ever going to have kids. Check. Done with that phase.
We have entered phase “Years 7+….Silence” phase. In this phase people wonder if something is wrong, are you waiting too long, does the marriage have problems? You name it, I’ve been told people have wondered it. This is also “be strategic with what you wear, because you have gained 10 pounds and you look pregnant” phase. Oh, this is also the “I waited to tell you I was pregnant because I didn’t want to upset you” phase. It’s ok, I love that other people are having babies….It doesn’t upset me.
So for now (because I’m tired) here is the short of it. No we are not infertile (as far as we know). We have been off the pill for 3 years now. Brad is fine. But my ovaries are being a little uncooperative. I have the most unpredictable (and sometimes) absent cycle. In case you didn’t know, that kind of cycle is SUPER non-condusive to getting pregnant. No panic yet. No freaking out here. Just a lot of testing & tracking all. month. long.  I will admit, it is sometimes a tad annoying. And I’m pretty sure that the 5 days I didn’t test, were probably the ones I should have. Go figure.
The stress I’ve been under for the past couple of years probably doesn’t help. Niether does the last year of non-exercising. Then add in the schedule I keep. Yeah, no wonder my body is fighting me. So let’s just say that I’m working on getting my shit together and getting back to taking care of myself the way I like to…..I effectively started this on Saturday by running 3 miles and then continued on Wednesday running hills. And I must say, I already feel a bit better!
And let me say, I had no idea how many people actually have at least some trouble getting pregnant. Why do we keep these things a secret, people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger